Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add welding fuel to chemical dispensers.
(08-13-2016, 08:19 AM)rulib Wrote: If there is a circlejerk recipe so dangerous that making it SLIGHTLY more convenient tips some balance scale, that recipe is probably an issue!

It's not a recipe.
welding tank bombs?
add welding fuel to chem dispensers, and make them as prone to exploding in giant fireballs as cyborg recharge stations are
Maybe just add oil to the chemistry stations, as far as i recall that's what you need welding fuel for most of the time anyway.
I think welding fuel actually makes more sense exactly because it is the original chem - it's basically an element in this game. I don't want the machine to be able to do phenol and all those other ones directly by any means.
Yeah, dispense the welding fuel only. I just don't like dicking with the precursors at current because I have to run off and expose myself to more danger/a possible infinite toxins fire or something.
i think this would be a nice addition
While I find it annoying to have to hunt down welding tanks, Im going to vote no.

For 1 reason, people spamming the ever loving shit out of fuel tank bombs, throwing a welder on the floor and pulling it ontop, run off, wait for boom and everyone within 50 tiles to implode into fire, retrieve tank, fill up at bar dispenser and repeat.

Nah, Its bad enough as it is.
(08-13-2016, 02:44 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Yeah, dispense the welding fuel only. I just don't like dicking with the precursors at current because I have to run off and expose myself to more danger/a possible infinite toxins fire or something.

Honestly that takes me from general apathy to a nah. I never found it troubling or hindering at all, but if other people do it has a purpose.
I think I'd prefer welding fuel to remain a thing to be got from tanks.

That being said I wouldn't be opposed to the possibility of hooking up tanks to chem dispensers and letting them dispense what's in the tank.
(08-13-2016, 03:32 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: While I find it annoying to have to hunt down welding tanks, Im going to vote no.

For 1 reason, people spamming the ever loving shit out of fuel tank bombs, throwing a welder on the floor and pulling it ontop, run off, wait for boom and everyone within 50 tiles to implode into fire, retrieve tank, fill up at bar dispenser and repeat.

this.

Also seriously you don't feel satisfaction from gathering ingredients and combining them all in your hands? I thought having to track down welding fuel tanks was cool as hell, because it made WF a commodity, makes it feel like a big deal what you're doing, and makes you stop to mix stuff up like a real mad scientist.

I wish plasma got the same treatment honestly, its supposed to be this big deal substance, the whole damn reason there's a space station out there, and you can just fart neverending servings of the stuff out of a cheapo glorified soda fountain, right out of the box. Hell even the barman gets an unlimited source of what amounts to humanity's most precious resource.
(08-13-2016, 04:02 PM)Dions Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 03:32 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: While I find it annoying to have to hunt down welding tanks, Im going to vote no.

this.

Also seriously you don't feel satisfaction from gathering ingredients and combining them all in your hands? I thought having to track down welding fuel tanks was cool as hell, because it made WF a commodity, makes it feel like a big deal what you're doing, and makes you stop to mix stuff up like a real mad scientist.

I wish plasma got the same treatment honestly, its supposed to be this big deal substance, the whole damn reason there's a space station out there, and you can just fart neverending servings of the stuff out of a cheapo glorified soda fountain, right out of the box. Hell even the barman gets an unlimited source of what amounts to humanity's most precious resource.

no i don't derive much satisfaction or pleasure from doing boring laborious chores

make it so using the welding tank as a bomb actually destroys the tank rather than merely emptying it out
the issue is that it's already easy to make horrendous hellchems, but more difficult to make actual good healing stuff at any decent rate to help people
(08-13-2016, 04:15 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: the issue is that it's already easy to make horrendous hellchems, but more difficult to make actual good healing stuff at any decent rate to help people

Yeah again you can make phlogiston thermite smoke all day long and cause huge breaches forever.  More healing chemicals seem to use weld fuel than pyrotechnic ones.