Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Random Event] Escape Shuttles from Other Stations
What happens to crew members who stay on the shuttle when it leaves?
(08-16-2016, 09:46 AM)locusts Wrote: What happens to crew members who stay on the shuttle when it leaves?
I would guess it would be like the merchant shuttle where you just get teleported off.
I like the idea of threats and/or loot arriving on these shuttles. It would be neat to have a diverse library of potential shuttles that would show up with different contents.

Shuttle stacked with cash and a dead/dying thief
Shuttle stacked with bodies and a NPC ling
Shuttle with Syndicate NPC's
Shuttle with hydroponics trays growing things + fleeing colonists
Shuttle full of violent and genetically empowered monkies
Dark shuttle with hidden loot+proximity bomb

the list goes on
(08-17-2016, 04:38 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: Shuttle stacked with bodies and a NPC ling

Why do a NPC ling when you could instead have a ghost respawn as a ling?
(08-16-2016, 11:57 AM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 09:46 AM)locusts Wrote: What happens to crew members who stay on the shuttle when it leaves?
I would guess it would be like the merchant shuttle where you just get teleported off.

lame

it should take you to the vr hedge maze that was removed
Should have a Dracula-style shuttle filled with drained corpses and coffins full of dirt, and a vampire dressed in a very obvious vampire outfit.
(08-17-2016, 04:38 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: I like the idea of threats and/or loot arriving on these shuttles. It would be neat to have a diverse library of potential shuttles that would show up with different contents.

Shuttle stacked with cash and a dead/dying thief
Shuttle stacked with bodies and a NPC ling
Shuttle with Syndicate NPC's
Shuttle with hydroponics trays growing things + fleeing colonists
Shuttle full of violent and genetically empowered monkies
Dark shuttle with hidden loot+proximity bomb

the list goes on

(08-17-2016, 09:43 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Should have a Dracula-style shuttle filled with drained corpses and coffins full of dirt, and a vampire dressed in a very obvious vampire outfit.

i like the idea of rather then attacking the crew these things are piloting the shuttle or doing something else like serving those crappy peanuts you buy mid-flight if only because of how surreal it would be.
bumping this for consideration
This is honestly a pretty cool idea that should 100% be play tested.

Perhaps also have a shuttle filled with corpses and blood with rogue military and civilian cyborgs? (Military aka with guns and civilian aka with like, mops and surgical tools and shit) Possibly with a rogue AI core as well that a ghost can respawn into and start terrorizing the crew until it's dealt with.
Personally I'd love more gamemodes/events involving off-station scenarios, especially military-themed ones.
(08-17-2016, 05:10 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 04:38 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: Shuttle stacked with bodies and a NPC ling

Good idea then, good idea now.

Maybe no corpses to make it not really obvious.  Have there be 5 players chosen from ghosts, maybe random customs for the RP server (for obvious reasons), have one of them be a Ling.

I think it would be neat.
(06-22-2020, 06:42 PM)Technature Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 04:38 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: Shuttle stacked with bodies and a NPC ling

Maybe no corpses to make it not really obvious.  Have there be 5 players chosen from ghosts, maybe random customs for the RP server (for obvious reasons), have one of them be a Ling.

Only thing is, and this applies for basically anything involving survivors mixed with an antag, what's the crew's motivation to keep any of them alive?
(06-23-2020, 07:54 AM)DJ-Fireball_did_this Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 06:42 PM)Technature Wrote:

Only thing is, and this applies for basically anything involving survivors mixed with an antag, what's the crew's motivation to keep any of them alive?
Are you really implying...that even if there is just a chance of 1 outta 5 people being an antag - that the crew would murderbone all of them?

Killing someone without sufficient reason is RDM and already being punished.

---

The shuttle event could work with 5 people - joining late or respawning.
One of them might be or might not be an antag (be it vampire, changeling or worse...a space Gremlin).

I highly doubt that the natural instinct of every crewmember would be...yeah sure...lets just kill all of them to be sure there is nothing evil. Sure lets KoS everyone who arrived on the station merely seconds ago.
People who try to pick off any antag merely seconds after being thrown onto the station (with the exception of Nukies) is purposely validhunting to make the round less fun for any other crewmember and them antags themselves.

---

To answer your question:"what's the crew's motivation to keep any of them alive?"

Answer:
1. Probably to not be an unfun-prick.
2. To keep suspense high.
3. Uncertainty who or who might not be an antag - if there even is any antag arriving on the off-station shuttle.
Not to mention I'm sure that the temporary shuttle would have the same basic rules as the arrivals.

Being "Don't murder anyone who hasn't left, and don't sit outside to murder anyone leaving".

And, ya know, being a decent human being.
Bumping this after an admin sent an escape shuttle with some kind of amazing crusher conveyor-belt carousel on it