Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Random Event] Escape Shuttles from Other Stations
This is just a really brief tossing of an idea I got at the end of a round:

So a particularly hostile round ended with a blob nucleus on board the shuttle, and i watched as it crept into Centcomm. it didn't get very far because the round restarted. 

Then it hit me: What if escape shuttles from nearby stations, in desperation, sought refuge aboard ours?

These random escape shuttles could include Generic NPC mobs, Aliens, Blobs, Kudzu, etc...

After a certain amount of time (5 minutes tops?) the shuttle will depart after refueling, OR if a crew member boards it and manually engages it's warp drive, shortening it's take-off to 10 seconds like an emag would.

This thread was mainly to provoke a discussion on what I think would be a cool concept of a random event, so please share your thoughts.
Could be neat. Shuttle decorating is a long time admin favourite pastime.
There was a similar idea once regarding the mining magnet, where they could pull in wreckage with the chance for loot and danger on board

I'm all for the concept of it however it's carried out.
Sounds cool, maybe even sometimes dead people could be revived with new identities and put on the shuttle and have to leave with the shuttle.
theres already even an unused dock up next to the ai upload/core area they could park at
(08-12-2016, 02:52 PM)misto Wrote: theres already even an unused dock up next to the ai upload/core area they could park at

I think that's the merchant dock
(08-12-2016, 03:07 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 02:52 PM)misto Wrote: theres already even an unused dock up next to the ai upload/core area they could park at

I think that's the merchant dock

NOPE

Are we even sure that it's supposed to be a dock?
its identical to the dock the mining station/diner shuttle uses
Nothing ever goes there, I still dont understand why it exists.
for killing people or escaping into space
For having EVA access to bust into the AI core with an igniter, OBVIOUSLY.

... Something should totally be done with that dock. This is a good option and I am down for it.
yea for more use of obscure parts of the station
(08-12-2016, 08:40 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Nothing ever goes there, I still dont understand why it exists.

I think there was a second mining shuttle when cogmap 2 was still WIP
if that dock weren't so far from research, it would be good to have a shuttle that goes to the research asteroid outpost thing. a lot of ppl dont really know it exists still