Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fyi: Bee crates (still) crash the server
Bee crates cause fucktons of lag if your order any more than a small handful (Read as: Only as many as you can eat/use in botany)
Fix: Increase bee crate price to 4-5k per crate, or remove bees from QM entirely (maybe give botany 2 more eggs to start with or put some in the vending machine)

Once upon a time, everyone knew better than to order an excessive bee-crate count. 
Then bee lag was "fixed", apparently
Tough shit nerds, bee lag is back frown

I just disconnected from the main server to post this, it died hard due to bees. 
----------------
Also: Goon bee love is wierd. I'm pretty sure its become a social experiment to determine how many folks will hop on any old trend just because. 
I'm pretty sure that pre-goon, most of you weird bee lovers didn't really think much of bees.
But, sensationalize something silly and pointless and people will queue up in droves to tote the virtues of their newfound love.

Which is fine, don't think Im talking down to you folks or hating on anyone.
But keep your bee love to sensible levels and try not to crash the server or give the AI laws that require it to spam bee crates at QM.
I support the idea of bees being in the botany vendor. They're only useful for botany.
Are you sure it's the bee crates and not the loose bee eggs from bombini?

You have to manually open the egg cartons from the QM crate.
Yeah. If bee crates are causing a ton of lag then there's a serious problem.

Crates of eggs from Bombini I can understand though. Each egg is cheap (sub 100 creds) and they can be opened en masse with a bit of help.

Edit: Oh, and I've always had a fondness of cute things - especially cute fuzzy things. I'll still kill a thousand bees if they lag the shit of the server though. I still have my buddies after all.
Over 200 bee crates were ordered in one round. That shouldn't cause lag with the new systems against lag.

But it do. Oh hell it did.
(08-11-2016, 06:35 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Over 200 bee crates were ordered in one round. That shouldn't cause lag with the new systems against lag.

But it do. Oh hell it did.

Someone manually opened all those eggs?

Wow.
I don't actually think so. Which is where more of the confusion comes from.

What the hell made the server run to a halt?
well then, better continue experimenting by ordering more bees for the next 20 rounds
It doesn't matter the source, Bombini counts too as a source of potential trouble, but he could have a stock limit.
Bombini's eggs don't come in cartons, so there's a big difference. I'd say bee glad that people don't abuse him often.

a fancy greater domestic space-bee wot-wot
Bees die, we die. In the real world that is. They're incredibly important and if you're one of those people who freaks out and tries to kill any insect they see, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. To a bug, you're just a warm, safe surface to rest their wings and a majority of insects are harmless to humans.

That being said, hoarding massive amounts of bees is getting old anyway. Every other round someone has hundreds of bees flying around the station or shuttle.
(08-12-2016, 09:38 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: That being said, hoarding massive amounts of bees is getting old anyway. Every other round someone has hundreds of bees flying around the station or shuttle.

Bees are the new poo.