Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Greatest Idea Yet
Heart 
I've got it! A solution to all of your money troubles.

Hope u got 10 bux citizen slang bro Hope u got 10 bux

"What could it be?" You're ask yourself. "What scheme has his beautiful mind concocted this time?"

For quite some time now, the question has been asked: how can we make money more important?

Solution: crew members have to purchase a ticket to ride on the escape shuttle.

NT is famous for undercutting their employees. So, why wouldn't they charge you for salvation?

Eh? Not sold yet?

Someone came up with the idea to purchase different escape shuttles recently. What if the more expensive the shuttle model is, the more expensive your ticket to freedom is as well?!

Thank you. I accept adoration and praises in the form of replies supporting this idea.
What is that dumb thread title? Don't try to fool me by saying it's the best idea you will ever have and you ever had.
On a side note: Tickets should not cost over a thousand credits but not under a hundred.
Captain's ID and it's spare (The actual ID, not other ID's with captain rank) ought to count as a free ticket
it should deduct the amount from your account automatically and notify you via pda. if you get off the shuttle and get back on it should charge you again

but of course, the big question is how will this be enforced in a way that isnt annoying as fuck? if it is any kind of physical passage i guarantee people will push and shove and slide under. the only mechanism on station i can think of that admits only one person/object at a time is certain kinds of teleportation, such as are used in telesci and mechanics teleport components, and even then you could probably trick them by having loads of people pile into a crate or locker, close it, pay for a single ticket while the locker is on the pad, and they all get aboard
(08-11-2016, 11:46 AM)misto Wrote: the only mechanism on station i can think of that admits only one person/object at a time is certain kinds of teleportation, such as are used in telesci and mechanics teleport components, and even then you could probably trick them by having loads of people pile into a crate or locker, close it, pay for a single ticket while the locker is on the pad, and they all get aboard

That's hilarious and I'd love to see that happen.
How about an NPC robot that grabs people that don't have a ticket and tosses them off/into a shuttle brig?

Crates and lockers should trick it like how most mobs work
further thoughts:

unles the shuttle is secure against intrusion people will just break in for free anyways

a shuttle accessible only by teleportation could be rendered unboardable by a few precise bombings in a way even more efficiently than traditional escape arm bombings

a better compromise might be separate classes of seating rather than pay to get on at all. part of the shuttle could be cargo/free passage with no chairs that is accessed normally. getting into the better seating areas you have to pay. unruly passengers are shot by the flight marshal npc with a teleport gun that sends them to cargo.

crew should be encouraged to take aboard whatever valuables they can grab from the station for centcom to reclaim
Ohhh, I like that. The idea of a bunch of people being tossed around in cargo with a bunch of loose crates has me sold. 

Is there a limit on shuttle size? Because I really think we could use a larger shuttle to incorporate some of this stuff and cut down on shuttle chaos
since the shuttle docks with centcom at the end of a long hallway, and the station of course has plenty of room to expand, i guess it could stand to be a bit fatter. all you have to do is shorten down the centcom dock hallway and space apart the escape arms more.

length i do not know much about. i dont think crates are flung up and down that side of the station by the crate transport systems, so whether centcom can accomodate additional length is the question
Reminds me of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idd32nyf1pc
Some mechanics nerd would just figure out what signal "Payment recieved" is and build a pressure pad that causes free admission aboard the escape shuttle.
(08-11-2016, 05:38 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Some mechanics nerd would just figure out what signal "Payment recieved" is and build a pressure pad that causes free admission aboard the escape shuttle.

thats nice though. it gives them 1 other useful thing to do besides making a teleport bridge across the ptl
I like this idea, it fixes the bug where the clown gets to leave too.

How about a disposal pipe mixed with a portabrig, where you hop in the thing, pay for the thing, then get flushed through the thing into the shuttle? That way you can't smuggle a bunch of nerds in without tickets, and it leaves the possibility for mechanerds to route the exit into an infinite loop.
Having suggested something similar, I am all for this idea (and most of the suggestions for fare-dodging and anti-fare-dodging).
We could start with simple turnstiles in the airlocks, which could function a bit like DNA-scanners, sleepers and other Enter/Eject objects. Sure, people would still break in, but that's a different problem to solve.
Have the HoP be the one to sell tickets so that they have yet another duty to abandon/get out of the way.