Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Chemicals inside the floor buffer aren't affected by heat.
I hatched an ingenious plan to fill the floor buffer with weld fluid, drive it a short distance, then ignite the weld fluid trail in order to turn the Janitor's annoying steed into a mighty fireball.

Unfortunately, this did not happen.

I think the actual contents of the floor buffer's tank should be able to catch fire. As of right now it doesn't do all to much, as far as I can tell there isn't even a way to read how much actual fluid is inside of the machine at a time, just an estimate based on the low fluid light.
(07-26-2016, 03:35 PM)Fonduede Wrote: I hatched an ingenious plan to fill the floor buffer with weld fluid, drive it a short distance, then ignite the weld fluid trail in order to turn the Janitor's annoying steed into a mighty fireball.

Unfortunately, this did not happen.

I think the actual contents of the floor buffer's tank should be able to catch fire. As of right now it doesn't do all to much, as far as I can tell there isn't even a way to read how much actual fluid is inside of the machine at a time, just an estimate based on the low fluid light.

Fortunately/unfortunately, the reagents inside of a buffer ARE affected by heat.

I learned this the hard way while trying to make a buffer full of nitrogen triiodide.

Edit: They might not properly respond to environmental temperature though.
I splashed weld fuel on the floors all around and under the explodo-buffer twice today to test it. The fuel on the floor ignited just fine, but the fuel inside the buffer itself did not explode.
(07-27-2016, 02:10 AM)Fonduede Wrote: I splashed weld fuel on the floors all around and under the explodo-buffer twice today to test it. The fuel on the floor ignited just fine, but the fuel inside the buffer itself did not explode.

My guess is that environmental heat isn't properly affecting the reagents inside the buffer. If so, that's definitely a bug.

As for what's causing this, I have no idea.
This is one of the first times I've posted something like this to the forums. Is there a way to move this to bug reports or should I make a new topic over there?
A mod should be able to move it to bugs.

In the meantime I reported it under wrong forum so that they get a report.

edit: Welp it's moved.