Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
(03-22-2017, 01:41 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: [Image: d14244cd18.png]
It's entirely possible to remotely recall buddies via PDA; you just need the headpass and the nerdcart. I'm too tired to explain it, but that picture has everything you need. Of course, I'll probably get dorks yellin' at me fer sayin' this much.

Toots

Dorks? Where? Morty

Ahh I forgot about this! Though, this wouldn't work for Hemera, as far as I know. 

To be honest, I put "just use the terminal and su in for control" and not something like "just use the terminal to recall the buddies" because what I've always done is pull them into portals to get rid of them, and the times I've tried to recall them have not been successful. After further experimentation, though, I am confident to say that dock_return will not work with them. However, the "su in for control" still stands, as you can upload bodyguard! However, they're kinda annoying, so it might not be worth it. That way, you don't end up like me:  teleporting them to the diner, going back to get food much later, and being greeted with tasers - and sometimes also handcuffed residents! 

(03-22-2017, 03:41 AM)Sov Wrote: You can also wake buddies using the wired network 

Changing their program however I think requires prman.

Speaking of which I bet you could put prman on a disk and bring it to hemera.  I wonder if you could maybe bring the sxripts too...imagine a friendly sec buddy guardian haha.

My turn for a question. How do you get chems into the compost and water tanks?

Prman is already at Hemera (slightly irrelevant, but I remember Vitaroll making a comment about prman being across the z-levels somewhere, and it's kinda nice to say "yeah I get what you mean - to some extent!"). You could definitely also bring scripts (but not on disks! come on!), as long as you also take the files needed themselves (though, secure and bodyguard, the two most popular files, are already there). 

From my experience, click dragging from the container in your hand to the container you want to transfer it to works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 03-22-2017, 03:41 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Flourish - 03-22-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 07-27-2017, 01:58 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 07-28-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 10-12-2017, 12:31 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 02-15-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 02-15-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 03-15-2018, 04:14 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 06-26-2018, 09:06 AM