Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
I find the mainframe reliant ways less reliable, tbh. Prman is in many places across the z levels. The authentication disk contains the codes straight up. There isn't, however, a way to replace the mainframe or mainframe apc.

All you have to do for the mechcomp method is grab the acc_code, comm address, a button, and a powernet networking component (PNNC). Attach the PNNC to a data terminal, attach the button somewhere, hook the button to the PNNC (send packet), and enter this as the button's send signal:

address_1=xxxxxxxx&command=call&shuttle_id=emergency&acc_code=xxx greek-xxx&sender=xxxxxxxx

Address_1 is the comm_array address. Command is call or recall. Acc_code is that rounds head code. Sender can probably be anything. I just use the comm_array address again.

You can also use this to make an autocaller or autorecaller. If someone does this you can generally just spam call or recall to overload the components reaction time... unless they were a super asshole and made a buffered version. In that case you need to isolate the dish from the network and then call it.

For those just getting into this, the most fun thing to mess with is probably the teleporter. Just be warned that excessive nerdery with no chance of retribution leads to you being very disliked.

As for computers in general, well, they can be somewhat buggy/OP. After looking at my notes I've remembered why I stopped using some of the things I used to use. You can more or less grind the server to a halt with computers and the benefit to the player is minimal. It can be interesting to mess with, but do think of other players if you know about what I'm referring to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Vitatroll - 08-07-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 03-22-2017, 03:41 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 07-27-2017, 01:58 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 07-28-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 10-12-2017, 12:31 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 02-15-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 02-15-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 03-15-2018, 04:14 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Bob - 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: A little Question and Answer Thread. - by Sov - 06-26-2018, 09:06 AM