Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
(03-14-2018, 04:17 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: wait, both brain and body will continue to talk shitty ?
so with a little SR and say, Don, you can make two rootin tootin shit-talkin bills?

Only 2? You could probably make an army
No, if you put a player brain into Shitty Bill, he still uses the Shitty Bill AI and talks at random even while the player is controlling him. I don’t think his brain does anything special.
ah that's what I wanted to know.
so we can't have a ShittyOS opening zero doors and broadcasting illegal words
We should find out! Lets try putting a monkey's brain in his body (after making it human of course) and out Bill's brain in the monkey's now human body
Why does the blue print machine thing disappear after it is used?
The ABC-U?

OOC: To prevent spam, probably. You can buy more through QM. Note sure why given the materials required. I know it can/could reproduce things that couldn't be reproduced otherwise. That also might be a factor.

IC: Uh, nanomachines, uh, son?
Does ‘things that couldn’t be reproduced otherwise’ include the loafer? Now I want to clone a loading setup.
Yeah. It used to be the only way to clone the loafer. Not sure whether that functionality has been axed or not. The other notable things were pool and shuttle tiles. Fake shuttle pool party, anyone?

No seriously, bring back shuttle tile scanning. :saddowns:
I tried to use ABC-U to make a copy of the loafer within the last month, and despite I think, Drago? coming over to mock my failure and also help me figure out why it wasn't working, it did not work. Materials loaded, etc.

So I think it got axed.
(03-16-2018, 07:44 AM)Cyfarfod Wrote: I tried to use ABC-U to make a copy of the loafer within the last month, and despite I think, Drago? coming over to mock my failure and also help me figure out why it wasn't working, it did not work.  Materials loaded, etc.

So I think it got axed.

To be fair, all it takes is one asshole mechanic with the ability to clone the damn thing and some clever usage of their tools to turn the station into a gross bakery.
How do I connect to Goon 1 ?
(04-15-2018, 10:58 AM)Bob Wrote: How do I connect to Goon 1 ?
Through the links on Goonhub or the wiki, or by clicking the "Open..." button in your BYOND pager and telling it to connect to byond://goon1.goonhub.com:26100/
Well thank you again.
Added it to bookmarks.
When someone late joins and they see the list of currently filled jobs, does that only take into account the people that spawned into those jobs or the people with ID's registered to those jobs?

Like, if 5 people spawned as Sec, and two of them went to the HoP and had their ID's changed to something like Doctors or Miners, will the Late joiner see Sec as 5/5 or as 3/5 filled?
(04-18-2018, 10:01 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: When someone late joins and they see the list of currently filled jobs, does that only take into account the people that spawned into those jobs or the people with ID's registered to those jobs?

Like, if 5 people spawned as Sec, and two of them went to the HoP and had their ID's changed to something like Doctors or Miners, will the Late joiner see Sec as 5/5 or as 3/5 filled?

Definitely people spawned into those jobs.  People polymorphed into animals aren't counted on the list anymore, even if their ID exists.