Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
(07-20-2017, 11:58 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Is there any way ensure you dont roll antag on latejoin?
man sometimes i'm just absolutely baked and just wanna chill around and make pizzas, the pressure is too great!

i don't think so cause late joins are weird atm, but if i roll like, standard traitor and i really dont wanna be one, or don't wanna do stuff, ill just buy two deluxe mindslaves and tell two people to be traitors and not rampage
What can I do to earn the priveledge of having a statue or plaque dedicated to me?
(07-21-2017, 04:48 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What can I do to earn the priveledge of having a statue or plaque dedicated to me?

You can always make your own map! Dedicate a throne room / torture chamber / public bathhouse to yourself.
(07-21-2017, 05:32 AM)Salami Sam Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 04:48 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What can I do to earn the priveledge of having a statue or plaque dedicated to me?

You can always make your own map! Dedicate a throne room / torture chamber / public bathhouse to yourself.

I'll make a map in the shape of a giant butt, and the fart coming out of it will be dedicated to me.
Say I take the brain out of a rotted crewman and stick it in a monkey. Is there anything special I need to do to make that crewmonkey good to scan into the cloner?

Also this is for anyone I've speedcloned:When I clone you and add cryostylane+cryoxadone to accelerate the process of spitting you out, what's your experience like? Do you suddenly get cold and your health icon shoot into green? Granted you don't come out some deformed wendigo freak, how fucked up are you? Do you still have a load of brain and tox damage?

Also also, what exactly causes the cloner to bork the clone? Does it make them deformed if they don't spend a certain number of ticks in there? What causes the phenomenon where adding the styloxadone spits out a pale, deformed, wendigo baby in an ice cube, as opposed to spitting out a super injured yet non-deformed crewman-on-ice? And why does the cloning process speed up really quickly when the styloxadone is added after the start of cloning, but slow to almost normal speed at around 85-90% no matter how much of the stuff I dump in there? Is it the toxin or brain damage?

The mysteries of life and undeath are numerous and confounding!
(07-21-2017, 10:33 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Say I take the brain out of a rotted crewman and stick it in a monkey. Is there anything special I need to do to make that crewmonkey good to scan into the cloner?

Brains from rotten corpses work fine as borgs, so I would find it weird if you needed to do anything special after putting one in a dead monkey.
I believe you need to turn the monkey into a human first before cloning, since the cloner won't scan a monkey.

I know that losing power while a cloning is in progress can shoot a clone out before it's finished. As far as I know leaving the cloning chamber before it's ran it's full cycle is what ends up with people coming out wrong. So maybe when you're speeding the healing to full health by adding chems, the cloner isn't doing it's full cycle and they're coming out with health problems despite being at full health when they get out.

I know you can use a genetics card to unlock the cloner and boot people out before they are done to speed things up, though they'll not be at full health and have a lot of problems that will probably need medical attention.
last i checked cloners scan monkeys just fine, they'll clone it as a human. you can clone anything, basically, but it will turn into a human. if not then yeah just turn a monkey into a human via genetics, cut its brain out, put other dead guys brain in it, and clone the monkeys body
(07-21-2017, 12:43 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I believe you need to turn the monkey into a human first before cloning, since the cloner won't scan a monkey.

Cloners usually don't scan monkeys because most monkeys are not players.

The cloner cares not for your NPCs.
Since i asked the question in a bug thread and that's not at all the place to get an answer:

do chems in the deepfryer oil apply to a player who jumps in?

also do you need to apply new chems to the oil each time you fry something ?
10u of omnizine and mannitol is good for speed cloning without ejecting players too early.
Is there a point to infrared pens? I don't think you can read them with Meson Goggles on now (might be a bug?)
(07-22-2017, 01:08 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Is there a point to infrared pens?  I don't think you can read them with Meson Goggles on now (might be a bug?)
there is still the trait that should let you read things written in infrared, but yeah i thought either mesons or thermals let you read them. probably mesons
How the hell do you make a working bomb out of a plasma tank and an oxygen tank? I don't know how to mix their contents.
(07-24-2017, 10:09 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: How the hell do you make a working bomb out of a plasma tank and an oxygen tank? I don't know how to mix their contents.
hot plasma in a plasma tank + cold oxygen in a oxygen tank on ttv = boom