Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
(04-05-2017, 04:43 PM)Cirrial Wrote: Does anyone know who came up with the weird made up minerals and ores? Who can I blame for naming something "uqill" and leaving me forever uncertain how to pronounce it? What kind of a name is koshmarite and/or erebite? FROM WHAT DO THESE CONSTRUCTIONS COME
blame keelin for all material related things (even if he isnt responsible)
Argh!
(04-05-2017, 04:43 PM)Cirrial Wrote: What kind of a name is koshmarite and/or erebite? FROM WHAT DO THESE CONSTRUCTIONS COME

kushmarite

maybe because erebus is a volcano and prominent in greek mythology?
So what the hell is trunkmap anyway? Last time someone brought it up the admins confirmed it is NOT devstation, I have never seen it in use on either server, it doesn't have a page on the wiki, and I have only seen it mentioned on the forums once. That isn't even getting into the contents of the map itself on goonhub. The RD's office has a TTV, nuke, blob chunk, and kudzu in it, security has it's own little weird off-station outpost, there is this big random empty room with a mass driver leading to it in toxins, a random area of scrap floating in space northeast of the station, some random derelict zone just north of that, and there are a bunch of teleport pads everywhere in place of an arrivals shuttle. Seriously what the fuck is that map?
Trunkmap is up on goonhub for those who are wondering:
http://goonhub.com/maps/trunkmap
It's utter quack.
It reminds of combining old maps of lore into one big steaming drunken mess.
.. which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Devstation: https://wiki.ss13.co/Devstation
links to: http://goonhub.com/maps/trunkmap#l=152,141,1;z=0.2

The tg station wiki for box station claims it was based off of "Devstation a.k.a. Ovary Station a.k.a. Uterus Station". The second full map image has some very similar structures to the trunkmap on goonhub.

Not 100% sure but I remember there being a map file named trunkmap back when i was messing around with the old tg station release, and seeing as the maps are very similarly structured I wouldnt be surprised if they were just different versions of the same map.
What is Linemap?
It is a map that Haine (??) designed. It seems everyone is designing maps now that switching maps is a common occurance.

It isn't very line-y. I want a refund.
Is there a map map for Linemap? I don't see it on Coghub.
(06-21-2017, 03:49 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 03:32 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 02:41 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Wait. New map??

Why do i never check these things often enough!

Is there a place to see the design yet?

[Image: vxzfui.png]

EDIT: I AM THE GREATEST.

From the bug thread
(06-23-2017, 07:59 AM)Sundance Wrote: It is a map that Haine (??) designed. It seems everyone is designing maps now that switching maps is a common occurance.

It isn't very line-y. I want a refund.

It's quiltyquilty's, actually.  It's definitely not Haine. The wide open spaces and general color of the flooring are generally not her aesthetic .
I like playing botanist and messing with plants but how do you grow the weird bees? Giant bee, robot bee, square bee? Unless it's sekrit, I guess.
i found my sekret chem recipe book and i wanna know how different the recipes are since they were changed due to the code leaking (on a scale of completely different, most, if not all recipes have been completely changed, few ingredients have been changed)

and as for bees, the bee merchant out in the mining zlevel sells different kinds of bee eggs. for giant bees you need to feed them nectar while they are still larvae
(07-15-2017, 10:12 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I like playing botanist and messing with plants but how do you grow the weird bees? Giant bee, robot bee, square bee? Unless it's sekrit, I guess.

Big Bees come from feeding a bee larva royal jelly, which you can get from Bombini. The other ones come from unique eggs, also from him.

edit: fuck i didn't realize somebody got to it before me
Is there any way ensure you dont roll antag on latejoin?
man sometimes i'm just absolutely baked and just wanna chill around and make pizzas, the pressure is too great!
Nothing's stopping you from friendly antagging.

I get what you mean though...