Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
With the new changes to the flash, does the powercell enhanced flash do more stam damage than normal, or is setting them on fire the only upside?
Quote:With the new changes to the flash, does the powercell enhanced flash do more stam damage than normal, or is setting them on fire the only upside?
Tested this - seems fire is the only upside. Although, in-hand usage now seems to stagger all around without eye protection, which is a great buff.

A for a Q:
What the current buffs from food? Resistances to damage sources and temperature is one, farting and sweating is another, anything else? Anyone have an exhaustive list?
(04-10-2019, 02:29 AM)Sundance Wrote:
Quote:A for a Q:
What the current buffs from food? Resistances to damage sources and temperature is one, farting and sweating is another, anything else? Anyone have an exhaustive list?
Boy do we, albeit still rather WIP. Most of the snacks, main course dishes, and botanical items are covered, but still lack info on most of the ingredients. (Which probably don't give buffs, but you never know.) Some testing/confirmation is needed on some buffs, ranging from confirming the suspected effect (sturdy, sweaty) to defining more exact statistics (warm, cold).

Now, here's my question. Life loop procs every 4 seconds now, and chemical depletion, per life cycle effects, etc. are on a per-second basis. What I don't get is somepotato's remark "Instead of dealing 5 damage per tick, it will now deal 20 damage per second." If chems still do their same effects over time to the same extent as before, does that mean there's 4 ticks in a second now? Wasn't it 2 seconds per tick back then?
Quote:Boy do we, albeit still rather WIP. Most of the snacks, main course dishes, and botanical items are covered, but still lack info on most of the ingredients. (Which probably don't give buffs, but you never know.) Some testing/confirmation is needed on some buffs, ranging from confirming the suspected effect (sturdy, sweaty) to defining more exact statistics (warm, cold).
Ah yes, nature hates a vacuum. When a list is needed, a nerd with a spreadsheet will exist. 

Much appreciated
I want to find the Old Med Kit and I've been told it's in Bradbury Station. Is that in the Debris Field and if so which of the station is Bradbury?
The place that is colloquially referred to as 'Bradbury Station' is indeed in the Debris Field.
You can recognize it by breaking into it and seeing that it contains a computer called 'Bradbury II'.

If you need more directions, I'd recommend looking at the map:
https://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap#l=117,126,3;z=0.2
(04-16-2019, 07:16 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: The place that is colloquially referred to as 'Bradbury Station' is indeed in the Debris Field.
You can recognize it by breaking into it and seeing that it contains a computer called 'Bradbury II'.

Its proper name is Satellite 29A
(04-17-2019, 04:28 PM)polivilas Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 07:16 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: The place that is colloquially referred to as 'Bradbury Station' is indeed in the Debris Field.

Its NERD name is Satellite 29A
What's the terms and conditions in regards to attacking and killing someone when you're not a traitor?

Throughout my playthroughs I've always been hesitant to kill someone in retaliation because of RDM or getting into trouble with the administrators.

The last time I clearly wanted to kill someone in game was when I had my suspicions of someone being a traitor but I was injured by him and decided to seek help from the doctor, after being revived I went around the station asking for help to find him and eventually I found the person who tried to kill me but I didn't want to kill him because of RDM or what would have looked like it to him, like I wasn't going to RP and say "hey you killed me so I'm going to kill you now" because I didn't want to give him or her the advantage first, like basically I wanted to walk up to him and try to kill him without replying to him through chat to make it look RP style.
The basic things you need to know.

1.If you feel the person is a traitor and believe there is definite proof, you technically are free to kill an antag. Examples include "Oh hey, that's a werewolf, dear god send help". This includes if someone is acting traitory despite not being a traitor (admins are more reasonable if you point out that that person you just killed wouldn't stop stabbing you with glass and that you warned you would retaliate if he didn't stop). If the antag isn't really doing anything it's considered in general to be a "dick move" (you'll probably anger the crew pretty bad if you try to kill a friendly wizard, and not just cause this tends to make them not friendly) but it's still technically not against the rules.

2.The participant gives you consent to murder them. This includes people naming them self something like "Kill me in a funny way" or accepting a challenge to the death.

3.Unless you make it look safe or it's a chemical that explodes with heavy enough force to breach, nasty food and pills are okay (This means you can name a pill that sets someone on fire "Heat Pill" but not "Mannitol".). You can't forcefeed people bad things though, as that's still being an antag.

In your situation, you MIGHT have been fine (can't say 100% for sure) but it would be a good idea to tell security about it and let them try to deal with it before permanently removing someone from the game. Of course, if nothing else, warn the crew over the radio. Also, depending on what server you're on, you don't need to worry about roleplay (the only exception is server 1, which does have a roleplay rule).

It should be noted while these are not against the rules, it doesn't mean there aren't consequences. Poisoning the people you're feeding is a good way to get a mob after you.
Q1:
When consuming alcohol, when does the heavy punches actually occur? Is it immediately when you are drunk, or is it when you reach a certain threshold of units? (FYI for those who don't know - alcohol increases your attack power, but how I'm uncertain)
Q2: When hacking doors, do they all work off the same cabling (as in yellow wire will always be lockdown, etc - randomizing every round)? So the yellow will be the same for Engineering as it will be for Medical? The only door that appears different seems to be the Armory from my testing. It's embarrassing that I don't know this undoubtedly, but felt the need to ask as I feel hacking may have changed recently/in the past year or two.
Door wires are universal, per round. (Every door will have the same colour do the same thing, regardless of department/access level/etc.)
A2:
``` if (src.reagents && (src.reagents.get_reagent_amount("ethanol") >= 100) && prob(40))
damage += rand(3,5)
if (msgs)
msgs.show_message_self("<span style=\"color:red\">You drunkenly throw a brutal punch!</span>")
```
(You need >100 ethanol, heavy punches are 40% of the time)
When did syndie pipebombs become weird? I only realized this because of changes on the wiki, for such a staple item being adjusted there wasnt much forum discussion on it.
Monday, April 8th, 2019
MBC updated
Replaced Syndicate Pipebomb in the traitor buylist with a new kind of bomb that sends out tiny syndicates. They have no alleigance to anyone, so watch out!!

There were some complaints about it being too easy to bomb the station into hell by buying 4? of these with your telecrystals, times the amount of traitors in the round.
Though I think there was atleas one forum post on these specifically