Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
Does anyone actually know what those high pressure gas tanks like in the cog2 hot loop do?

Do they actually help prevent pipe ruptures?

Honestly I always look at them and wonder, then ignore their existence
Pretty sure they're what they say on the tin; a 'high' volume container for gas that won't rupture. Mainly used to siphon gas from the lines. If you leave it open it can create a ripple/yoyo effect which disrupts efficiency, so it's a good idea to close em' if you use em'. Well, that's how it used to work.

Unless you're talking about the high pressure air tanks, in which case they're just full of a lot more air.

Granted I never ran a normal engine, so it might be full of phlebotinum and I might be under the effect of confirmation bias.
What happens if two wizards both pick the staff of Cthulhu? Does it spawn a second staff or do they both have to take turns using it?
Neither get it because of Ukrainian hoarding
(06-26-2018, 09:06 AM)Sov Wrote: Does anyone actually know what those high pressure gas tanks like in the cog2 hot loop do?

Do they actually help prevent pipe ruptures?

Honestly I always look at them and wonder, then ignore their existence

(06-26-2018, 05:21 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Pretty sure they're what they say on the tin; a 'high' volume container for gas that won't rupture. Mainly used to siphon gas from the lines. If you leave it open it can create a ripple/yoyo effect which disrupts efficiency, so it's a good idea to close em' if you use em'. Well, that's how it used to work.

Unless you're talking about the high pressure air tanks, in which case they're just full of a lot more air.

Granted I never ran a normal engine, so it might be full of phlebotinum and I might be under the effect of confirmation bias.

from my limited understanding, it acts like a buffer in the pipe system. when something's connected via pipes, it all becomes like one giant pipe (hence why when you open a canister into a closed pipe loop, the pipes and the canister all have the same pressure, temperature and gas comp) so you just have an extra "canister" to check. i dont know if it does anything else other than add an extra clickable container. it might act like a temporary storage thing, since most are behind a valve in the pipe system. so if you hook up a can, close the valve and remove the can, it might help store more gas?
I've (only just now) noticed that bar-code printers no longer feature a 'export' option, despite still accepting ID-card information.

How is a miner/farmer supposed to make a buck?
No seriously, is a QM now required? Does it matter to whom the QM sends the crate?
How to I take control over a 'Credit Transfer Device' that has already been used by another player?

EDIT: To answer my own question: if you click the CTD with an empty hand, you will get a prompt asking to reset the device.
Bug them to relinquish it.  I believe the only way is for them to reset it.

Or steal their ID, but you're a good boy who would never do that.
Surprising how many people don't know about those things. I use them to stealallyercredits all the time. Hell, it's how I define my success as a cloner-monkey.
Is there a good way to combine three data signals in mechanics into one if the data signals come at random times one after the other?
Push to selection component buffers, then concatenate?

Depends on the input and output. Just takin' a shot in the dark 'cuz it's been years since I've been a proper nerd.
Haven't played for about half a year, I wonder how alien things would be when I pop in?

From the changelog alone it looks like a lot of things have changed.
(07-20-2018, 12:47 AM)Zafhset Wrote: Haven't played for about half a year, I wonder how alien things would be when I pop in?

Unothodox question for this thread, but I will try to answer:
Most of the changes of the last three months were QoL things, either easy to pick up as you encounter them, or not directly noticed and a few new novelty chems.
The big thing (and if you check idea/suggestion, a hot topic) is that the shuttle call times have been reduced from 10-3-2, to 6-2-2.
I was thinking about this and was curious if anyone's ever tried putting out a large room fire by opening a can of C02 in there. Obviously there's the problem of dealing with those gases afterwards, but would that extinguish it quickly?
Is there a field-expedient way to "stimulate" an alien artifact with COLD or RADIATION for when you're a long way from the lab or there aren't even any scientists in the round to run the artlab?