Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
(08-09-2017, 02:46 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: OK, I'm a mining borg. I mine a bunch of stuff, and take my mining satchel full of stuff over to the nani... processor? The machine that turns it into bars and blocks. I jam my satchel full of stuff in, and now I have all these shiny bars and blocks.

Now what? Is there any way to get them off that tile without pulling one at a time and then moving a crate over?

Unfortunately no, dragging ores into crates hasn't worked for a while.
A clown demonstrated opening doors with the packet sender on the PDA. I tried to figure out how to intercept AI commands to the door but couldn’t figure out the frequency or if it showed up in the packet sniffer (the big honking one that looks like a power sink). I also can’t ping the door with a DWAINE terminal. Can I get a pointer in the right direction? He said it involved a command code that he intercepted with the packet sniffer. I know how to forge PDA packets, fucking with doors would be a nice addition to my nerd arsenal.
(08-11-2017, 12:14 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: A clown demonstrated opening doors with the packet sender on the PDA. I tried to figure out how to intercept AI commands to the door but couldn’t figure out the frequency or if it showed up in the packet sniffer (the big honking one that looks like a power sink). I also can’t ping the door with a DWAINE terminal. Can I get a pointer in the right direction? He said it involved a command code that he intercepted with the packet sniffer. I know how to forge PDA packets, fucking with doors would be a nice addition to my nerd arsenal.

As a networking nerd: ignore the big sniffer for now. There's some specific stuff worth using it for, but if you dont know specifically what youre trying to get it's not much use beyond actually examining the structure of packets. As for opening doors: all the networked items have a specific ID associated with them. Door freq is 14.11. You can probably logic it out from there!
Where can I find/build the mining drills for the Space-pods?
(09-01-2017, 12:07 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Where can I find/build the mining drills for the Space-pods?
the mining drill attachment for the pods were removed a bit ago for being a bit overpowered
(09-01-2017, 12:12 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:07 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Where can I find/build the mining drills for the Space-pods?
the mining drill attachment for the pods were removed a bit ago for being a bit overpowered

and now mining is dramatically unpopular and annoying. the mining laser things should still be around, they were great for mining but not too harmful for humans.

they didn't go through windows, and did a little bit of burn and set the person on fire.

out of many attempts as a traitor, the only person i killed with them ever was a nuke op who was already almost dead, and who got trapped in a corridor with me shooting down it
(09-01-2017, 12:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: and now mining is dramatically unpopular and annoying. the mining laser things should still be around, they were great for mining but not too harmful for humans.
The Plasma Cutter attachment? I've used it in the past, but now I can't find that either. I understand that it should be crafted, but with what device can it be crafted?

Also, what are some useful applications of the contents of a booze-crate? I mean, besides getting shit-faced in the middle of the debris field.
(09-01-2017, 01:39 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: and now mining is dramatically unpopular and annoying. the mining laser things should still be around, they were great for mining but not too harmful for humans.
The Plasma Cutter attachment? I've used it in the past, but now I can't find that either. I understand that it should be crafted, but with what device can it be crafted?

Also, what are some useful applications of the contents of a booze-crate? I mean, besides getting shit-faced in the middle of the debris field.

i meant that the plasma cutter shouldn't have gotten removed, which it did. my bad
(09-01-2017, 01:39 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:

THe ship component fab can make them iirc
I've always wondered how you'd make a Mutini. I've heard some people mention it in the forums I think, and I know it's was a patch made by UrsulaMejor. But the patch thread for it doesn't have the recipe, just the code for the effects and a code for the recipe inviting the coder to invent one.
(09-01-2017, 06:06 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: I've always wondered how you'd make a Mutini. I've heard some people mention it in the forums I think, and I know it's was a patch made by UrsulaMejor. But the patch thread for it doesn't have the recipe, just the code for the effects and a code for the recipe inviting the coder to invent one.

I ASSUME from all that, that it's meant to be a bartender secret chem. I ALSO assume that the recipe isn't that hard, if you think about the name of the drink itself. My life is super cray cray right now or I'd log into a round and test my theory.
(09-01-2017, 06:25 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:06 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: I've always wondered how you'd make a Mutini. I've heard some people mention it in the forums I think, and I know it's was a patch made by UrsulaMejor. But the patch thread for it doesn't have the recipe, just the code for the effects and a code for the recipe inviting the coder to invent one.

I ASSUME from all that, that it's meant to be a bartender secret chem. I ALSO assume that the recipe isn't that hard, if you think about the name of the drink itself. My life is super cray cray right now or I'd log into a round and test my theory.

Oh,no, sadly it's not unstable mutagen or stable mutagen + Martini. That's why I was asking in here.
Uranium seems to have the highest % chance of causing mutations, out of everything on the chems page.
(09-01-2017, 06:41 PM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:25 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:

I ASSUME from all that, that it's meant to be a bartender secret chem.  I ALSO assume that the recipe isn't that hard, if you think about the name of the drink itself.  My life is super cray cray right now or I'd log into a round and test my theory.

Oh,no, sadly it's not unstable mutagen or stable mutagen + Martini. That's why I was asking in here.
Have you tried combining those with vermouth or gin?
It's kind of a funny thing, actually. I have no idea if Mutini was meant to be secret when it was made, or if it is now, but I guess it seems to be just because it's not on the wiki and the recipe was removed from the patch thread? It's certainly fun and dangerous enough. It would be nice if we could find out either way and get it properly on the wiki with ingredient numbers and hints. Hell, I'd write the hint myself if I thought it was needed.