Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pod (wars) Ideas
I'm really in love with the pods. I know there's stuff already planned with them but I still want to post some of my ideas.

First off, you should be able to change the pod's hull color. Jet black to clown orange, customize your pod for races, festivals, etc. Racing stripes would be cool, too.

Pods should only get three module slots. The default ones (comms thing, environment, and engine don't count)
Now for some module ideas.
Laser Cutter drill only shoots one tile ahead but is faster than the plasma cutter and WAY more devastating when attacking other people/pods
I don't know if the plasma cutter damages pods but it should
Rocket tubes slower rate weapons that fire slowly and have slow launching speeds, but should make small explosions. About the level of the low-yield mining charges. Should only be able to fire about once ever 15-30 seconds and should have a VERY HIGH power requirement. IE you'd have to disable comms module and environment in order to toggle it.
Laser cannons main purpose is to shoot other pods with. Deals decent hull damage per hit, doesn't really damage anything other than pods, people, and critters. Speaking of critters the plasma cutter should be able to hit them, if it can't.
Brute armor heavier armor than the current heavy, but should slow your pod down substantially. The upside is it should negate a LOT of damage.
High capacity generator, basically this would put more energy, but have a good cost to it.
Booster module should propel you forward like rocket shoes, should do decent damage to the pod if you hit something, but if you hit a person should do pretty good damage. Slam into a miner in space and piss him off, knocking him into orange/red heatlh and knocking him unconscious for kicks.
Emergency repair module a one use, fairly cheap repair module. Requires about five seconds after activation to use and about 50 energy to activate. Repairs moderate damage.
Erebite "Last Resort" destruction/self destruction module a module that is only activated when your pod is destroyed. What it does is makes the explosion larger and emits a decent emp shockwave. Disabling and doind heavy damage to any nearby pods/other stuff. It should also be a self destruction tool for if you want to go kamikaze on the station/syndicates/some random asteroid.
Junk rifle Did you spend most of your quota on your brute armor and can't afford a decent weapon? This is your last hope! A poor mans laser cannon, requires way less materials to create, does pretty poor damage but has a pretty decent firerate!
Beacon bay a one use module that carries a warp drive beacon in it. When deployed any pod can now use their warp drives and go there! You should also be able to name the beacon.
Ejector seat what it says on the tin, if your pod is about to blow up it will launch you outwards at a violently high speed, (hopefully) saving you!
High capacity cargo hold a cargo hold capable of holding 25 crates/artifacts. Uses up two module slots, though. Useful for mining ships. And speaking of mining ships:
Ore tractor beam if you have a crate loaded into your cargo hold and activate this it will beam any ore directly in front of your pod into the crate! Useful!
Here are some maybe good and bad suggestions.

Rapid Repair Cannon: In effect a really big rcd, that works like the TF2 medigun and can repair pods. I think some functional pod tools is a good idea. Perhaps the RCC could also be used for repairing things like the solars, and walls and such, at a higher power drain. e.g way better then a space suit and the limited supplies of an rcd.
Deconstruction mode would probably be a traitor only feature, considering someone is liable to be a jerk with it.

Thermal array: Can detect the presence of lifeforms behind objects. basically a point and click thermals for pods. Might require a weapons slot to use.

Kamakaze Device: an ejector seat modified to shoot forward and highly explode on impact, only someone stupid or psychotic would use this. Point and shoot yourself at things to turn yourself into a living missile. Traitor only probably. (assuming the ejector seat doesn't kill you on impact if it's added, this could probably be a more fun option)

Cloaking field: Cloaking device for pods. still leaves a trail on movement.

Radio control system: Basically makes spaceship into an RC spaceship, control a ship in range with a remote control, provided you don't get caught by someone with the remote. Maybe use the other tools in conjunction with this for some fun.
Cloak, laser, taser, cannon, RCD and tractor beam modules already exist actually, there's a whole bunch of stuff mostly ready and just waiting for the power/fuel system stuff to be finished.
The ejector seat would be brilliant. I want to see someone use it in a last ditch effort to save himself only to be flung into something and gib.
I love the pods ever since they were first revealed in the new station thread, but I feel we need more ways for a pods power to be emulated. Say we can use a cable wire and roll it out to a APC to charge it this could also be done vice versa, we might be able to create short EMP blasts from it by releasing some of the power. But these are just personal suggestions in the end I think we should have more power control with the pods so we can do complex but beautiful maybe fluid things.
Bump because pod fighting is cool and was brought up in another thread, thers good ideas in here
Aaaaaa this is an old thread. But yeah the ideas are still valid.