Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Alert button cooldown
Have the red alert button start on cool down (or have the safety glass be indestructible until a decent amount of time into the round)

Apparently too many people pressing it within the 5 five minutes of the round (I got yelled at for it this)

Edit: Dammit someone else made something for this. http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6841
I don't understand the need for the button anyway, it seems only to encourage being annoying and, in an emergency, makes the station MORE difficult to navigate. This is purely a grief mechanic.

If it has to stay in, then please give it a cooldown.
(08-01-2016, 10:13 PM)CameronWoof Wrote: I don't understand the need for the button anyway, it seems only to encourage being annoying and, in an emergency, makes the station MORE difficult to navigate. This is purely a grief mechanic.

If it has to stay in, then please give it a cooldown.

I don't understand why it's still in if using it is now such an offense.

Also maybe make it take multiple hits with the teeny hammer.
have it start at green alert

then shift to orange alert

then yellow

and then finally red
it got constantly clustered around because New Thing™, caused unimaginable lag somehow, and made things even harder and worse to navigate
get fuckin rid of it until we know WHAT TO DO WITH IT
It already has a cooldown. I set it to 2 minutes.
It's a really bad idea, in a red alert scenario with enemies (most likely syndicates) you need all hands on deck, so if anything the red alert should force open all EVA storage areas, force open the armoury for security, force open all departments basic access doors (medbay entrance) (research entrance) to let as many people in to deal with the threat.

Turning off all the lights is the complete opposite of what you do in a red alert scenario WHY DOES THE ENEMY GET POWER SINKS THEN?? If we're just going to turn off all the lights for them.

Another thing, Zewaka said he fixed the lag by making the lights come on slower, it still lags when they're coming on it just takes longer now with less lag then before.

Late rounds with breaches and burnt out lights lag equally as it did before when red alert is pressed.

It's a really really bad griefy feature that no one suggested or wanted and the only way I'll accept this button is if they make it not affect lights at all and perhaps just have a siren instead.
(08-02-2016, 09:46 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: It's a really bad idea, in a red alert scenario with enemies (most likely syndicates) you need all hands on deck, so if anything the red alert should force open all EVA storage areas, force open the armoury for security, force open all departments basic access doors (medbay entrance) (research entrance) to let as many people in to deal with the threat.

Yes amazing idea lets add a button traitors and other awful people can press to open the armory.
What happened to those status displays we used to have that displayed messages and flashed station wide warnings like code red, lockdown, and quarantine?

Maybe bring those back, and make them glow red if the button is pressed.

I really feel like the bridge should have some sort of importance other than just being that place where you call the shuttle, so I really want to try to salvage this panic button idea.

That having been said,

(08-02-2016, 10:09 AM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 09:46 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: It's a really bad idea, in a red alert scenario with enemies (most likely syndicates) you need all hands on deck, so if anything the red alert should force open all EVA storage areas, force open the armoury for security, force open all departments basic access doors (medbay entrance) (research entrance) to let as many people in to deal with the threat.

Yes amazing idea lets add a button traitors and other awful people can press to open the armory.

I wouldn't mind if there were a HoS restricted button INSIDE the armory office that makes some siren sounds and opens up the the armory to the public for those situations where you really need all hands on deck.

I wouldn't have it open all the doors, but maybe a red alert could change access levels to let people like Sec get around easier?
(08-02-2016, 11:07 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

I wouldn't have it open all the doors, but maybe a red alert could change access levels to let people like Sec get around easier?

I don't really play security, but don't they have a silly amount of access already?
(08-02-2016, 11:12 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 11:07 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

I don't really play security, but don't they have a silly amount of access already?

Not really. They get access to the general medbay and research areas, but can't actually enter individual rooms like genetics or chemistry. Places like botany or the kitchen are also not on their access list.
Where is the brown alert with fart klaxons?
Idea for red alerts. PDA message everyone a designated "saftey" area depending on their department so the nearest authority figure can take a headcount and they can lay low until the alert has passed.
I think it should also have a different sound than the nukeops bomb siren.

And maybe a way for the alert to tell us what we're supposed to be cowering in fear from. Basically the alert broadcast but with more sirens and doors wedged open or closed.