Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make blob end at shuttle arrival at centcom
hi so i am a cautious blubnerd and prefer to get a head start on science outpost or w/e but by the time i start bridging to station i hit 500 tiles and the round ends and people are mad because they didnt get to fight me. so if the relevant dude could make blob no longer end at 500 tiles (since the objective after all says get to 500 tiles AND cause the evacuation of the station) that would be nice for everyone involved

for anyone who says this isnt fair to station blubnerds if youre at 500 tiles on station you are probably already unstoppable since the crew either isnt going to or is unable to fight you
I could've sworn that this no longer happened.

Might be a bug.
yeah if it is blob mode, the instant the blob hits 500 tiles the game ends
I think he meant starting out in space and getting to 500 without ever touching the station. The syndie outpost and other asteroids have been blocked from blob spawning, but my guess is the research outpost was overlooked because it's new.

As for the round ending at 500 tiles I've always seen it as more of a mercy kill of the round. Depending on where and how the blob spread calling the shuttle could range from prohibitively difficult to practically impossible at that point. Plus like you said, once you reach 500 tiles there's functionally no way for surviving crew to stop the blob short of a near-miraculous turnaround, so there's no real reason to keep on spreading either. in fact it should probably be the same for late-joining blobs too.
How about at 500 the shuttle gets automatically called if it isn't already on the way there
Without fail, the only living person with a head ID will recall it at the very last second while shouting NO DEFEAT NEVER SURRENDER, then charge at the blob with their bare hands and get eaten.
I'll be blunt; changing this won't make you any less of a nerd for hiding on some far away outpost. People will still ridicule you for it. The admins got ridiculed even when testing the blob in this way.

That aside, I haven't had any problems out of the system and I could have sworn we got rid of tile-based victories... or at least raised the bar. 500 tiles on cog1 was huge. 500 tiles on cog2 has been done on station without being seen. Rhoomba's point is really my only concern. There's a point in a blobs growth where it just becomes a victory lap. When the competition ends is where the round needs to end.
The research outpost thing is now catching on amongst blob players. Please fix this.
(08-07-2016, 05:02 AM)Roomba Wrote: The research outpost thing is now catching on amongst blob players. Please fix this.

Research outpost seems like a terrible place to start as a blob.

The whole reason it exists to get blown up by research.

It's almost as bad as starting in toxins.
and yet people still explode the diner and its poor denizens regularly
(08-07-2016, 09:40 AM)misto Wrote: and yet people still explode the diner and its poor denizens regularly

Bill's not actually on any drugs. He only acts the way he does because his mind has been shattered by the innumerable and inconceivable horrors of science that he has borne witness to.