Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add Rev Back to Rotation
Add the working rev mode back to normal rotation, it'd break up the countless rounds of traitor and ling with the odd sprinkling of low-pop nukeop and dead blobs.

I should also mention that the original idea I was discussing in IRC was to add it back in for a week into the rotation to see how it goes/gather data to make it better. I got a little overzealous in the title and post space bear
(07-31-2016, 02:02 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Add the working rev mode back to normal rotation, it'd break up the countless rounds of traitor and ling with the odd sprinkling of low-pop nukeop and dead blobs.
There's a working rev mode?
Personally I loved rev however I see why it was removed, it got monotonous and ended up with heads just hiding in lockers.
If some changes could be made to rev, I would be fine with it being readded. That being said, I have no idea what changes exactly could be made to change it up and keep it exciting.
i love rev and would love to see it come back
Just a slowing down on how fast Rev Heads could covert people would go a long way. Usually it's just a mass conversion spree, with converts running a muck. Slowing it down might lead to more planning.
Rev is easily the lowest-quality roundtype I've played. Please don't add it to the standard rotation. Zero roleplay deathmatch mode isn't fun.
Rev can be great fun and I would support it being added back into rotation if it was a bit rare. Also heads of staff should be made hard mode traitors by default, otherwise the greytide will almost always rush them in the start of the round.
I personally despise Rev, in per-se that the outcome is always the same. 99% of the time, the Revs are going to win by sheer numbers alone. The Heads can't win without being metagaming shitlers who murder everyone who isn't a rev or freedom implanted on sight, which is, of course, against the rules. Hell, the admins recently tried a round where the Heads were allowed to be metagaming shitlers and they still lost.

If people complain about 15 minute blob rounds, then get really ready to witness people complain about 15 minute Rev rounds if Rev ever gets re-added, as the revolutionaries will always just steam roll the heads. That is, unless the heads hole up somewhere, in which it turns into a 90 minute round of dicking around to try and get the heads out of their nigh-impenetrable fortress before they inevitably lose.

So, no.
I love REV and would love to see it back. But REV has issues and those Issues is the reason why it's not in rotation. Instead of saying no let's get rid of it forever we should be asking for this mode to be reworked to have the issues fixed. These issues I am talking about were summed up by Mageziya.

Also I never got the comparison with deathmatches. It's Five people vs the crew or those five people are racing to call the shuttle. I've always had a blast with REV mode cause most of the time I was one of the Heads trying to survive.

Also we need new game modes. Take it from me a person who has been playing on this server for nearly 9 years. The same four most common old game modes (Wizard, Nuke, Traitor and Changeling) have become incredibly boring. We need new gamemodes and that could be from Old ones getting reworked or added back in or existing ones getting the New Nuke Treatment (Many have been begging for Wizard to get reworked)

Blob rounds are too fast and are just as boring in my opinion and Wraiths are too rare to even be considered a game mode. It's time for a change I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of the same old, same old.
(07-31-2016, 03:19 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I love REV and would love to see it back. But REV has issues and those Issues is the reason why it's not in rotation. Instead of saying no let's get rid of it forever we should be asking for this mode to be reworked to have the issues fixed. These issues I am talking about were summed up by Mageziya.

Also I never got the comparison with deathmatches. It's Five people vs the crew or those five people are racing to call the shuttle. I've always had a blast with REV mode cause most of the time I was one of the Heads trying to survive.

Also we need new game modes. Take it from me a person who has nearly been playing on this server for 9 years. The same four most common old game modes (Wizard, Nuke, Traitor and Changeling) have become incredibly boring. We need new gamemodes and that could be from Old ones getting reworked or added back in or existing ones getting the New Nuke Treatment (Many have been begging for Wizard to get reworked)

Blob rounds are too fast and are just as boring in my opinion and Wraiths are too rare to even be considered a game mode. It's time for a change I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of the same old, same old.
I highly agree
We need new game modes, something to freshen the experience.
Forcing people to sign up for a revolution, a little like contracts. Putting their name down to join the revolution, or centcom loyalists being forced to sign.

The document, if captured by security will have all of the signatures of those who have signed. Making finding them and implanting them much easier and more fun.
We could use something, but rev isn't the answer. It's a predictable clusterfuck where the heads get bumrushed early on or they go on to hide for a boring 45 minutes until the revheads explode. If we're going that far for fun I'd rather have Xenos back. It's shit too for mostly the same reasons, but at least it's aliums.

If people want sheer chaos then engineer a game mode built for that from the ground up. Rev was built for something it never became. Likely built with good intentions but fell apart when the variables were given free will.
Rev was removed because heads would either die immediately hide in lockers for a long, boring ass time. It ain't coming back, at least not in it's current form.
Personally, I'd rather have spy come back than rev.

But if you guys absolutely HAVE to have rev back, the best way to make it not shit would be to basically make it into spy 3.0, but with only one spymaster tasked with killing the heads.

Less of a revolution and more of a coup.
I'd love for Rev to come back, but to address the above concerns I'll suggest two possible amendments:

1) Make Rev a late-join/late-round mode only. Hey, if everyone's getting murdered, why not start a mutiny in protest?

2) Rev will only activate when there's an HOS on board. Those riot shotguns and tear gas are there for a reason!
(07-31-2016, 05:28 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: I'd love for Rev to come back, but to address the above concerns I'll suggest two possible amendments:

1) Make Rev a late-join/late-round mode only. Hey, if everyone's getting murdered, why not start a mutiny in protest?

2) Rev will only activate when there's an HOS on board. Those riot shotguns and tear gas are there for a reason!

Those seem like a good idea, but i'm kinda wary of de-railing a game mode because it can sometimes ruin it for the antag that round. I'd probably expand to activating rev when all head roles are filled, rather than only the HoS, as this would give the heads even more of a fighting chance.

If rev doesn't allow you to call the shuttle before either side has won I'm sure the wizard coders could find a way around this dumb feature that would also remove a lot of the stale-mates that people are concerned about. It was removed from wizard and made that game-mode a lot better so I don't see how it wouldn't help rev.

I should also mention that what I mean by working rev is one that doesn't need to be consigned to the "it needs to be worked on list before it can be added" because that's just another way of saying it isn't going to be added. If it's at least added back and looked at for like a week, which I should mention was my original idea but I am dumb and forgot to mention it, then I don't see what could go wrong. Also remember that every game mode can either go for a short time or a really long time, that's just what happens, rev has just gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to this.