Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start banning people who lag the server.
The temptation to space all the mechanics would be too strong for me to resist as sec.

(this is a joke)
(07-30-2016, 09:59 PM)Grek Wrote: The temptation to space all the mechanics would be too strong for me to resist as sec.

(this is a joke)

Doesn't have to be. Just make sure they've got a spacesuit and internals (and nothing else) before throwing them off the station. They'll survive and with a little luck, they could even make it back.
(07-30-2016, 07:25 PM)Grek Wrote: Yes, yes it is.

If this is the same person I'm thinking of, I am very, very disappointed in him.
I think I know as well, and I believe it's not a specific individual, but rather a group of 2-3 newer players. Because I often play mechanics, they will beg me round after round to teach them loaf science (despite me not touching the loafer in months and never really doing anything with it). They've since begun trying it on their own which I think is good, and I've popped through the belts every now and then to suggest a pipe movement or whatever so they don't blow their heads off. You guys really need to be careful because you're edging into the "don't ask for players to be banned" thing.

I feel the need to reiterate the "don't blame mechanics" I stated earlier.

Anyone can bust in to mechanics with a simple throw-glitch and use any of the components without any access at all. Most of the loafers I've seen have been assistants or scientists who grab a flusher and button and run off.
(07-31-2016, 11:36 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I feel the need to reiterate the "don't blame mechanics" I stated earlier.

Anyone can bust in to mechanics with a simple throw-glitch and use any of the components without any access at all. Most of the loafers I've seen have been assistants or scientists who grab a flusher and button and run off.

Yeah, it's not like the old situation with chemistry where chemists were practically the spawn of Satan and we're responsible for almost everything that went wrong in research.

The main reason why mechanics is so vulnerable to break-ins now is that ridiculously insecure back window. The grille isn't even electrified.

Mechanics used to be pretty damn hard to break into, but now it's basically free gloves for anyone with a heavy object.
I'm not blaming mechanics. I'm just saying if you put the loafer in Sec and say "If you want to play with the loafer, break into sec and make the sec hallway into a loafing machine" the Sec players are going to be pissed.
(07-30-2016, 01:22 AM)Gannets Wrote: We already do this.

If somebody makes a round irreversibly laggy, crashes it and/or ignores warnings to not do the very laggy bad thing, they get time off.
Just quoting this so you're all well aware of this, you are adminhelping it if it happens, right? Keep in mind I don't think the loafer causes that much lag if used normally but then again what do I know.
(07-31-2016, 04:15 PM)Huff H Law Wrote: Keep in mind I don't think the loafer causes that much lag if used normally but then again what do I know.

It's mostly the methods of feeding it that cause lag. Like 50 thermal printers, lagging in multiple ways.
Yeah, the loafer is fine. It's people finding ways to make hundreds of items per second that is problematic.
Anyway this is a good idea, we will continue doing so as long as people ACTUALLY ADMINHELP WHEN PEOPLE LAG THE SERVER TO DEATH PLEASE DO IT!!!