Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FEATURE] Larger Bottle Option in Chemmaster
This adds the option to create 50 unit bottles at the ChemMaster, which get spit out in those spiffy brown reagent bottles. Could be super useful for brewing up >30 units of your own precursors (cyanide, formaldehyde, etc. etc.) I want it.

The Patch

Did some testing, and it seems to work.

Cheers!

EDIT: Condensed down into one compare instead of two commits, or whatever I was doing.
I think this would buff chemistry even more, and everyone already knows that chemistry is way overpowered. I dont approve frown
(09-12-2016, 04:21 PM)quiltyquilty Wrote: I think this would buff chemistry even more, and everyone already knows that chemistry is way overpowered. I dont approve frown

I... can't really see any way that this could buff chemistry beyond convenience. You can already just make two of the smaller bottles and get nearly exactly the same effect.
(09-12-2016, 04:21 PM)quiltyquilty Wrote: I think this would buff chemistry even more, and everyone already knows that chemistry is way overpowered. I dont approve frown

I think you're worrying too much considering people barely ever use the bottle function from what I've seen
Most people just get pills and re-dissolve them or chug their shit around in beakers

making the game less of a slog/more convenient =/= chemistry becoming ungodly powerful
besides, more people use chemmasters than just the chemists, catering and hydroponics have them
Sounds good to me, on the basis that the large bottles count as <insert size of item that fits in backpack/doctor's bag but not medkits/boxes here>, to actually give some purpose to the small bottles still. This may already be the case, I haven't checked.

Regarding the use of (small) bottles, I use them for most drugs that you can overdose on and that tend to work in relatively small doses (esp. epinephrine), so that their administration can be better controlled than pills.
I'm adding this but have made it work differently.  This lives under the normal "make bottle" option, if your bottle has <=30u it'll be a normal small bottle, if it's >30u it'll be a large bottle.  Unrelated but adding this also pointed out to me that it was perfectly possible to select to make a pill/bottle/patch/etc, leave the name window up, then remove the beaker from the machine and wander away or destroy it, then enter a name and still have the machine try to produce a pill/bottle/patch/etc.  If you just wandered away from the machine with the beaker, that meant you could make things from it at a distance, which isn't a huge deal, but if it was destroyed that would make things runtime as it tried to pull reagents from a holder that no longer existed.  RIP.

So, not a big change, but you did help me fix potential silliness and runtimes.

Also, of note in your code:
Code:
/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass/bottle/chemstore
    name = "chemical storage bottle"
    desc = "A chemical storage bottle."
    icon_state = "reagent_bottle"
    initial_volume = 50
    amount_per_transfer_from_this = 5

New()
        ..()

That "New() ..()" doesn't actually accomplish anything and isn't needed.  The game already calls the parent version of a proc if the child doesn't have it overridden, same as the child of something inherits its vars if it doesn't override those.  Not a huge deal, but it takes up two lines just to say "hey, game, do what you were already gunna do!"
spider