Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the Illithid/Mindflayer wizard varient!
If it's just going to be a spellbook choice, it would really work out better and be easier to balance if it was basically what I said earlier: a power that works like Absorb DNA only it rips out their brain for later consumption, and a power that works like the vampire's hypnotic stare.

Maybe you could also add a Chiropteran Screech-style power and/or a one-time Enthrall-style power (but with that many powers, it'd probably have to take all/most of your telecrystals). The wizard no longer counts as human, eating extracted brains speeds his spell recharges.

It's crazy to want the Illithid to suck brainpower from everyone in range and be able to fly and have a rocket launcher and shoot lasers from his eyes and people can wear tinfoil hats to avoid his powers and so on. ISN said he might consider making it a spellbook choice, and all that crazy stuff is too much work for a wizard gimmick power. All these proposals are making the thing out to be a brand-new antagonist and a dumb nethack reference and that's probably not going to happen.
Well yeah it would be on par with the other wiz options. Fireball is "now i can blow you the fuck up", Knock is "now I can steal all your shit", etc. Ithillid would be a physical transformation that comes with a spell I guess.
While I agree that the AOE brain damage effect is overkill, I only referred to it because that's how it was a while ago. As for the whole blindfolding yourself thing, that feature is fairly easy to add into the game since it's literally a single line of code in BYOND to see all mobs in an area.

The idea was the two features worked together and the blindfold will help find people in the immediate area easier while the sound of whatever that psychic effect is helps other players locate or run away from the mindflayer. I honestly wouldn't want it to even do damage, really...