Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Day of Destiny (LLJK #1 RP Campaign - Thank You For Playing!)
(09-05-2016, 06:58 PM)shotgunbill Wrote: #wow #whoa #update

#hype #butnottoohype

#RIPcodeblue

(can we try that nuke round again, please? I feel like we can do it if we just delete the camera helmets and hide the [TELEPORT ALL] button under several sheets of glass)
And that's all I've got, folks.

Thank you for participating! Please note that I still expect you all to show up every Friday and Sunday for fun times!!!
It was fun, thank you! Even if I'm a terrible, terrible wizard.
That was a solid three rounds to wrap up a (mostly) solid three seasons. Thanks for doing this, Bill, and I might need to contact you regarding DMing something of my own, maybe... But yeah, for posterity, the records of my experience.

ROUND 1: NaCl

Upon sudden deceleration and my down-payment on a set of bagpipes from a crafty salesman, a shipwide alert regarding MOST CERTAINLY NOT EXPLORING A FOREIGN OBJECT OFF THE STARBOARD SIDE is broadcast. So, naturally, I manage to finagle my way into a miner job, hop into an indypod, and head on over there under my "curiosity" objective (thank you, Bill). A small factory affair, it is... covered in bloodstains and strange machinery. At this point, I am attacked by SOMETHING (read: nothing, it was all an act for MAX RP), scream loudly over the radio my location, and I am converted into a horrific wight of the other realm.
Boo
Much sadghosting occurs, with whispers of regret and sadness over being dead into the minds of the crew. A rescue/exploration mission is mounted by the security team, and after a LONG PERIOD OF PREP (seriously, Osiris, what took so long) they finally get their butts over to the corrupt factory. Upon arrival, they are greeted with horrific apparitions (get spooked) and, on-cue, panic and fall into the wraith converter. At this point, sadghosts become MADGHOSTS. 

What follows is absolute chaos to remember. Much medbay object animation. Some idiot runs into the mining magnet without any suit to play his sweet sax, and I beat him to death with it and absorb his essence. His skeleton is then reanimated to terrify the crew from the windows. We also had an opposing force in the form of Rain Winterson, wizard ally to the crew. I trip over a salt pile and am beaten to death... twice. Thankfully the entire shuttle gets smoked out and the remaining wraiths go totally ham on the crew as they crawl on the ground.

ROUND 2: Blue Smoke

Following the success of Wizard Winterson, a group of Wizard Diplomats arrive! I was a janitor this round, so not much really happened to me DIRECTLY, but anti-wizard sentiments growing amongst the crew led to some pretty heated conflicts and, near the end, outright aggression. I accepted this as it came, participating in the wizard purge once I came to believe they meant us harm. It was an anti-climactic ending to a long round of diplomacy and decency... But only because we had no idea of what was to come.

ROUND 3: Judgement Day (AKA: MEDIIIC)

I awaken as a doctor in medbay. All crew have just received warning of an imminent wizard retaliatory attack. We rush to set up basic first aid stations, prepare for triages as needed, set up our medbay for the worst. I fill my epi-hypo, double check everything, and brace for impact as the war comes... And wait... And at 10 minutes in... All hell breaks loose.

It all happens at once. One moment I'm getting the last guy scanned at cloning, in case of emergency. The next, two wizards are on top of us. The next, fireballs fly throughout all of medbay, blowing open walls and knocking off limbs. Massive spellspamming, asses flying everywhere, magic missiles blasting through the doors. Magic Johnson strolls by with his magic b-ball. Our carefully prepped medbay is ruined in less than a minute. The PDA alerts regarding injury and death continue to pour in, almost non-stop. I see our detective go down shooting, aflame. I see the OR littered with metal grilles to blockade us. Massive clouds of drugsmoke to throw us off. Security is fighting a losing battle, from what I see from the supply room. Clouds of flame continue to eat the lobby, fireball after ass-blast after fireball, I can't get the supplies fast enough, more magic missiles pouring in, pouring in, there's too many alerts, I can't, I can't-

I get the fuck out. I'm not a combatant. I decide to search the halls, see if there's anything I can do besides get myself killed at medbay. I get one poor one-leg-one-arm guy off his butt and try to get him to the OR to sew his legs back on, maybe the wizards have cleared out, but we get directly hit by a wizard popping out from the detective's office. We both go down in flames. I manage to patch myself up and get his body to cloning at least, but then I collapse from heart complications. I am added to the queue of bodies stacked up next to the cloner and watch as the station burns.

I awaken from cloning. We're evacuating. I mash the next guy in the queue into the cloner and suit up. Just in time to get a health alert from Rain in medbay. I dart out, patch her up. She has no limbs. At all. I can't help her, the OR's been blown apart 15 times by now. The shuttle arrives to the sirens of an imminent Chaos Dunk. I grab Rain under her armpits and haul ass to escape. Snatch a gun off a dead secman. Time slows (my god the lag) as we board the shuttle. Wizards are there, but they're near-dead now. I disregard my oath, put some shots where there need to be. The shuttle is ours. My PDA continues to ring with the dead and dying. Only 3 make it into the wormhole as the station implodes behind us.

War is hell.

There was also the Bonus Round in the Sirius Rift, but that was pretty much just a disaster round with the lights on. Thanks, Bill. That was a wonderful time. I'm going to have traumatic flashbacks to the wizard war now.
Seems like round three was great fun.

Sorry i wasn't there, my byond was being screwy and i was really tired.
Yeah I was the merchant in the first round and the tourist that kept wandering into restricted places in the second. Wish I could have stayed awake for the third but it was so late for me.
Sounded like everyone had fun, sadly I couldn't attend because of life stuff but hopefully I can the next one.
Yeah, I'll post things from Rain's perspective in case they wanted to know more what was going on the first round. Unless people don't, and I can shut up and go away.
I didn't do much those 3, after all out war was declared on the wiznerds, I sarin bombed 2 of em, that was all that I really did.
(09-11-2016, 04:27 PM)The_Rain Wrote: Yeah, I'll post things from Rain's perspective in case they wanted to know more what was going on the first round. Unless people don't, and I can shut up and go away.

Do that though please

EDIT: By which I mean post it, not shut up and go away
I like Rain and I like you smile
To be honest I'm not a huge RPer but I think it would be p neat if one of the destiny events coincided with halloween and involved lots of spooks and screams.
Also, the wizard federation is incredibly sexist and does not have ANY female mob options. Really!?

Round 1: Too Spooky.

Well. The wizards done goofed. Thanks to their actions, there's now a corrupted ghost drone factory. And Rain has just the fake beard attachment to deal with it. At first, she's not supposed to tip her hand and reveal. It was incredibly difficult to ask for mass quantities of salt without saying why.

She began to wonder if maybe she should've been a scientist to produce some. But then, SALTpetre also works. She was an unpowered human for awhile, until stuff started going south and the Grand Whatshisface announced her presence.

As it turns out, being a friendly wizard is HARD. I tried to pick spells that were crowd friendly, but it left me with few options. I still accidentally missile'd a few people but I did mostly use warp to get people away from being beaten, empower and whack whenever I saw a wraith about. I ended up nearly dying of blood loss when Randolph the Beardzerker hit me with a circular saw. It made wraith fighting hard.

Fortunately, Cy came to the rescue! I think we got at least one or two angry ghosts down but then they kinda went ham on the shuttle. Also I prepared soul guard just in case.

Round 2: I was Zordon. Wizards are super sexist. No girls whatsoever. Granny did our hair and beards up (and we tragically discovered you can't really dye beards).

We didn't really have any spells beyond the basics. Still, it's quite nice to have even those. We sorted out who was wearing what (there were so many dibs on necromancer robes) and headed over to meet our new friends! I had to negotiate, and also maybe bargain for all the artifacts.

At first, things were great. People were friendly and curious. We chatted, got to know the crew and so on. But things started to get tense, as people began preaching. And I was invited to a special bar, which I went to. Unfortunately, Dakota beaned me with a stun baton. I managed to wiggle away, but others got stunned and he came at me again. In panic, I phase shifted away and accidentally spaced myself.

That was the end of Zordon, which kind of set things into motion.

Including Roman's 'god sword'.

Round 3: Asses. Asses everywhere. Oh god. And body parts. The bball wizard was dunking, and mayhem was happening. We even had a chaos dunk. I know at least two wizards went down though soulguard is a thing.

Jordan totally saved Rain's bacon, and she owed him big time.
Hey my dudes, when is the next one of these happening? I wanna get in on it
(09-15-2016, 11:50 AM)asskek Wrote: Hey my dudes, when is the next one of these happening? I wanna get in on it

We're not having another one hosted by ShotgunBill himself, but apparently we can put forth our own ideas for DMing a special round. So... sometime. Maybe.
(09-17-2016, 12:53 PM)DreamCarver Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 11:50 AM)asskek Wrote: Hey my dudes, when is the next one of these happening? I wanna get in on it

We're not having another one hosted by ShotgunBill himself, but apparently we can put forth our own ideas for DMing a special round. So... sometime. Maybe.

Yeah. Typically Fridays and Sundays are big nights for hijinks. That would be a good place to start.