Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Darts
They would serve the same purpose as arrows when it comes to sticking into dudes (wouldn't work on hats or body armor of any kind), but you can also throw them at a dart board for sport. Speaking of which Bar could totally have a dart board for drunk dart throwing.

Maybe a dart gun traitor item could also reuse darts found around the station as ammo along with a gas propellent.

People can already staple each other and tbh someone grabbing darts and throwing them at people just sounds funny.

Just make them easy to pull out and give them a slight chance of bleeding if any that will quickly heal. 

For a worse idea make the darts dippable like scalpels, but that's probably not gonna happen because flaming death darts.
Could you put someone's eye out with it?
Lawn darts?
They oughta stick to your sprite like stickers do and need to be pulled out with the grab intent
(07-26-2016, 06:19 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: They oughta stick to your sprite like stickers do and need to be pulled out with the grab intent

That's how tranq darts and staples should work too, honestly.
We should also have carftable blow darts and blow dart gun. and while im on the topic of makeshift weapons we should have craftable spears to.
(07-27-2016, 06:14 AM)BBEG Wrote: We should also have carftable blow darts and blow dart gun. and while im on the topic of makeshift weapons we should have craftable spears to.

We already have craftable spears, they just don't do damage right now. Hopefully noahs patch gets approved to change that.
I hope gnome chompski can be a speartip
(07-27-2016, 07:42 AM)poland spring Wrote: I hope gnome chompski can be a speartip

Chompski doesn't actually do any damage, although he does have a rather high stamina_damage value of 40, around the same as a toolbox.
(07-27-2016, 08:29 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 07:42 AM)poland spring Wrote: I hope gnome chompski can be a speartip

Chompski doesn't actually do any damage, although he does have a rather high stamina_damage value of 40, around the same as a toolbox.

So what you're saying is Spear Chompski should be used as a nuisance weapon and not an offensive one. 

Anyway I'm cool with darts having all kinds of uses, I just kinda wanted to see darts as a basically a thrown tiny version of arrows. Flechettes might even be cool.
(07-28-2016, 04:25 AM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 08:29 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

So what you're saying is Spear Chompski should be used as a nuisance weapon and not an offensive one. 

Anyway I'm cool with darts having all kinds of uses, I just kinda wanted to see darts as a basically a thrown tiny version of arrows. Flechettes might even be cool.

I could make a separate recipe to make mauls/big fucking hammers using blunt objects like chompski.

Edit: Actually, I have no idea how to work with overlays for this sort of thing, so that might take me a while.
is there a way to conceal an explosive inside chompski
(07-28-2016, 07:49 AM)misto Wrote: is there a way to conceal an explosive inside chompski

There's a really obscure way to conceal an explosive inside anything using chemistry.

Other than that, no.
(07-28-2016, 07:49 AM)misto Wrote: is there a way to conceal an explosive inside chompski

concealed explosives are boring i want a way to to conceal a bunch of feral mutant monkeys
Uh since Arrows and bows or whatever are now in, and spears are actually useful, I kinda would like to see tiny darts as a craftable thing or traitor item. Mostly so someone can pretend to be a ninja while tatortotting.