Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let engineers change PTL setting with their PDA.
We can already check how much power the engine is producing from it and it kind of gets annoying to micromanage it or getting the AI to do it (most of the time they are not very reliable) and not having to check in on engineering every 5 minutes would be really useful.
sounds reasonable. furthermore, being able to muss with the ptl remotely like that opens up good possibilities for tricks, traps, and mischief
I'd say yes. In order to change the PTL you typically have to pop a hole in the engine core, which negates the glorious engine noises. I've taken to bathing in the inferno, but most are sane.

I'd like it to be emulated too. The packet could use the CE's nuke code that's never used. Then just give the PTL a manual-mode which disables packets and we're all set.
Please no, let's not turn this into a game where you can do everything from a safe place in a safe location somewhere far off in the depths of space.
Does the CE even have a nuke packet anymore?
I was actually wrong. It's just a general head authcode. The other two are sec and medical. A couple more are rolled at the beginning of every round too, but I was referencing the ones on the authentication disk.

As for making it safer, I'd say if you limit it to CE and make it packet-controlled then it would actually make things more dangerous. Especially if you made the packet without an access code - or used the standard head code you can get from dwaine with little effort.
(07-24-2016, 11:00 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: ... make it packet-controlled ... without an access code ...
Settle down Satan, if you make it too evil  AWESOME, the noobies will cry.