Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make silicons unable to unscrew the nuke
Recently sometimes I have seen nukeops and breaking into the AI core, and making the AI unscrew the nuke when it is armed. Personally I see this as kind of meta/power gamey as how would syndies know that the nuke timer goes down when unscrewed, since they are too dumb to unscrew it anyways. This also goes against the reason you can unscrew it at all which is to run away with it and kill it. It's just a dumb way to get around the screw-driver block for syndies.
On the other hand, I've won many a syndie round for the crew by dashing in, unscrewing the nuke and tossing it into the crusher as a borg. Removing the ability to unscrew the nuke would make me and all the other frequent borg players very sad. It's fixing the symptom, not the problem, by screwing over players who have nothing to do with said behaviour.
wow a kneejerk thread! i've never seen one of THESE before!
(07-22-2016, 03:14 AM)Roomba Wrote: On the other hand, I've won many a syndie round for the crew by dashing in, unscrewing the nuke and tossing it into the crusher as a borg. Removing the ability to unscrew the nuke would make me and all the other frequent borg players very sad. It's fixing the symptom, not the problem, by screwing over players who have nothing to do with said behaviour.
I'm open to other options of stopping syndies from doing it but I can't think of anything else to stop them other than a rule stating that silicons can't do it.
Nuke ops already have advanta-
wait wait wait what
Nuke ops are baiting the AI into unscrewing the nuke (I'm assuming via laws?)
w o w

edit: Perhaps prevent the ai shell from unscrewing the nuke would mitigate some of this?
(07-22-2016, 03:25 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: wow a kneejerk thread! i've never seen one of THESE before!

Not kneejerk, I have seen syndies do this quite often if their objective is net cafe. Just cause it isn't something that doesn't happen every round doesn't mean it should happen.
how about we just make it against the rules for the SYNDIES to ask borgs/AIs to unscrew nukes.

I've unscrewed and disposed of nukes before as a borg, and it's pretty inconvenient if this thing is imposed on us due to the action of others.
I've never seen it. I've expected to see it, but never have. If it's a frequent thing then it's probably an individual and a copycat or two. I've seen many a round end with a silicon crushing the nuke though. We don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water.

I'll agree it's lame, though.
(07-22-2016, 03:40 AM)Zafhset Wrote: how about we just make it against the rules for the SYNDIES to ask borgs/AIs to unscrew nukes.

I've unscrewed and disposed of nukes before as a borg, and it's pretty inconvenient if this thing is imposed on us due to the action of others.

Yeah, a rule is probably better as to not limit borgs and more to limit syndies.
that is an incredibly clever workaround to shorten the timer and i applaud whoever thought it up.

how about we just ditch unscrewing = time drop instead
(07-22-2016, 04:05 AM)misto Wrote: that is an incredibly clever workaround to shorten the timer and i applaud whoever thought it up.

I like this idea more, it doesn't really make sense why the timer should be lowered after it has been unscrewed.
I'd suggest just removing the unscrew timer, and giving the nuke a very obvious and annoying beeping sound to prevent it from being hidden somewhere.
I also support the removing the timer being shortened and replacing it with beeps and maybe lights
(07-22-2016, 04:05 AM)misto Wrote: that is an incredibly clever workaround to shorten the timer and i applaud whoever thought it up.

Agreed on both points.
(07-22-2016, 07:13 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I also support the removing the timer being shortened and replacing it with beeps and maybe lights

im all for making the nuke play the MW2 moab sound on repeat