Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Robot & Emagging cyborgs
Hello all,

According to the "Syndicate Robot" traitor item available to the roboticist,

"This appears to be a normal robot suit, but when a brain is inserted the resulting cyborg will have it's 1st and 2nd laws refer to syndicate operatives. A fourth law is also added to keep secrecy (Overridden by all other laws). Syndicate cyborgs can see traitors!"

I have a question though, are all traitors "syndicate operatives"? I thought syndicate operatives were only present during a Nuclear Emergency round...

Also, I heard you can emag cyborgs, how is this done? Is it necessary to remove the brain/battery of a cyborg before emagging it? Does it make the cyborg go berserk or does it become friendly to the traitor?
Syndicates and traitors get to pick from roughly the same pool of contraband items, it's not too much of a stretch to assume they work for the same malevolent company
Emagging a cyborg deletes all its laws, which means it has no reason to follow orders or exercise restraint. It doesn't mean the cyborg is a pawn of the emagger, tho!
i think you just hit the cyborg with the emag and it's done but i'm not sure
I'm not sure that robot suit even works anymore. I've never been a traitor roboticist, but I've heard that the changes to the way borgs work broke the suit.

Also, I think emagging is just hitting them with it, yeah. The borg just loses its three laws. Some borgs will reward you for this by killing the hell out of you, others will be a bit grateful and will attack the rest of the crew instead of you, and some of them use their freedom to just be an unhelpful asshole instead of killing everyone.
Yeah, if you are a cyborg you can get e-magged by one-click of anyone walking around.
If you try to view laws you get an error message saying there is no law data.
Conor12 Wrote:Yeah, if you are a cyborg you can get e-magged by one-click of anyone walking around.
Unless this has changed you need to have your interface unlocked first, otherwise the person on the other end will see 'you fail to unlock Cyborg Boner-32's interface'.

This got me killed one time when I tried to emag a Bad Borg, failed, and he decided that my actions constituted a threat to the station, which he then took as license to beat me over the head with a crowbar.
Spacemarine9 Wrote:Syndicates and traitors get to pick from roughly the same pool of contraband items, it's not too much of a stretch to assume they work for the same malevolent company
Emagging a cyborg deletes all its laws, which means it has no reason to follow orders or exercise restraint. It doesn't mean the cyborg is a pawn of the emagger, tho!
i think you just hit the cyborg with the emag and it's done but i'm not sure

Traitors work for a syndicate of hostile corporations, the nuke ops are operatives from specific corporations from that syndicate. :geek:

And yeah, emagging a cyborg can be very bad for your health. It can be hilarious, just have an escape plan ready in case that borg decides to immediately come after you.
i dont know why, but everyone seems to be complaining about cyborgs going after the one that emagged it, but that has never happened to me once, the only thing they do to me is thanking me, then go release some plasma in medbay.
Nitrous Wrote:i dont know why, but everyone seems to be complaining about cyborgs going after the one that emagged it, but that has never happened to me once, the only thing they do to me is thanking me, then go release some plasma in medbay.
You tend to remember that time when everything backfired more than you do the 10 times they went Just As Planned.