We all fucked up with the VOX thing.
Usual Character Name: Allied Mastercomputer, TRASHAI (AI)/Icarus (Borg)
Byond Username: Totheark
Current Status: Mentor

AI Experience:
At this point, after months of playing, I think I've spent about 1/4th my time being silicon. For the most part I'm more relaxed as AI, of course if someone is going on a huge rampage I'll do my best to lock them up until security arrives, but I won't scream at people for minor crimes. I've always followed my laws exactly immediately as they're uploaded, even the dreaded suicide or gimmick law. Although I definitely have a habit of just going completely silent when an especially shitty gimmick law is uploaded (Anyone who uploads a law saying the AI has to speak in binary or riddles deserves to be tossed into a pit of snakes). Of course, I understand all the base mechanics of AI as well as things less often used like using overcharges on the APCs to smash lights and spark fuel tanks or other explosives. As an AI, I'm usually straight to the point while playing TRASHAI, or more acting as a reluctant helper that hates humans while playing as Allied Mastercomputer (Reference to the story I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream). While I'm not following orders from the humans of the station I look around for people being murdered or generally odd occurrences. I tend to enjoy working with security teams on the station, if there are any, as the AI can be a valuable tool to catch a criminal.

Why do you want VOX?: It'd be a lot of fun for the occasional joke or reference, but otherwise it'd be fantastic for making people actually listen to announcements. Announcing over the radio that the PTL is online, and then instantly having someone walk into it is hilarious, but still stupid.

How would you not run VOX into the ground?: I definitely don't plan on abusing the power of VOX, as most things that VOX can be used for can also just be said over the radio, and faster as well. I very well understand that people won't want to hear VOX spammed over and over again, or just constantly getting stupid comments yelled at them, so I'd only use it once or twice a round for jokes or just random comments, and likely station announcements more often.

Messages In This Thread
TheNewTeddy AI/VOX Application - by TheNewTeddy - 07-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Musketman12 AI/VOX Application - by Musketman12 - 07-05-2016, 07:20 AM
medsal15's VOX/AI application - by medsal15 - 07-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Erev for VOX - by Erev - 07-05-2016, 01:21 PM
NateTheSquid for VOX - by NateTheSquid - 07-05-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: medsal15's VOX/AI application - by 69andahalf - 07-06-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Erev for VOX - by 69andahalf - 07-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Zaccy14 for VOX - by zaccy14 - 07-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Poland spring vox application - by poland spring - 07-13-2016, 10:25 AM
Totheark - VOX Application - by Totheark - 07-14-2016, 07:41 AM
DaberWebir VOX Access - by Dabir - 07-25-2016, 03:04 PM