We all fucked up with the VOX thing.
Usual Character Name: Prospector Pete
BYOND Username: Raemuz
Current Status (Regular, Mentor, HOS, Badmin):
HoS/Mentor
AI Experience (150 word minimum): 
AI is a job I actually like especially with the recent cyborg update.  I tend to be a hands on AI and like to play cheeky pranks on folks when I'm not murdering them horribly when my laws are corrupted.  Most of the time I get along with the crew and generally don't have an issue with gimmick laws or whatever.  It's one of the few jobs you can kind of relax in and you get a neat chance to see how the whole station works together in a round while still getting to participate.  A lot of folks don't like being AI and it is definitely not for everyone, but maybe vox can give folks a chance to see the lighter side of being an AI and encourage broader use of the role.  The only part I have trouble with is naming my ai and generating my own gimmicks, I've found I work best when someone uploads a law for me to riff off of.  When I try to do a gimmick it is usually ignored or my laws are repeatedly reset..which says more about me than the crew I think.
Why do you want VOX: it's something I've wanted to play with since i started playing and the few chances I got to were glorious.  It'd make things a lot more fun.

How would you not run VOX into the ground (50 word minimum):. I've been on the receiving end of shitty VOX enough times to know how annoying it can be.  I generally want to save it for contextual commentary , like if a clown had kidnapped Heisenbee or the captain had found a skateboard and was doing sick ollies on the RD's desk.  The best experiences I've had with VOX have been when other things are going on and I hear VOX poke fun at whatever bullshit everyone is getting up to.  I want to emulate that, and perhaps use it fuel more interesting gimmicks so I don't get murdered for running a war of the worlds broadcast gimmick again.  As quickly anyway.

Also I am typing this on my phone so if I'm below the word count I will happily edit in more blather when I get home.

Messages In This Thread
TheNewTeddy AI/VOX Application - by TheNewTeddy - 07-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Musketman12 AI/VOX Application - by Musketman12 - 07-05-2016, 07:20 AM
medsal15's VOX/AI application - by medsal15 - 07-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Erev for VOX - by Erev - 07-05-2016, 01:21 PM
NateTheSquid for VOX - by NateTheSquid - 07-05-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: medsal15's VOX/AI application - by 69andahalf - 07-06-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Erev for VOX - by 69andahalf - 07-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Zaccy14 for VOX - by zaccy14 - 07-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Poland spring vox application - by poland spring - 07-13-2016, 10:25 AM
Totheark - VOX Application - by Totheark - 07-14-2016, 07:41 AM
DaberWebir VOX Access - by Dabir - 07-25-2016, 03:04 PM