Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
pod movement bug
(apparently this was mentioned a couple months ago and you fixed it by pressing the appropriate movement key again.  that doesn't mean don't fix the bug)

I get out of a pod while moving in one direction and it keeps me moving in that direction for some reason.  I did it on two separate rounds, reset-keymap, double-tabbing wasd etc didn't fix anything and it was a real pain until I found the hotfix solution searching this forum frown

https://youtu.be/KGR4FSD096c
GRR this fucking bug Argh!

Been the death of me numerous times now. I miss old pod movement.
you basically have to hammer the arrow key to turn around fast enough, and for several seconds it doesn't quite register it so you'll keep moving/firing one way

the saw/gun drones that populate the debris field take a shitload of shots with the default phaser, which lacks range & not much speed; strafing backwards was approximately the only way TO kill them reliably, and is now gone, making fighting them an absolute fucking nightmare

tobba pls ficks
ive died from this bug a couple times and it's pretty frustrating
Yep. I've died to it. IIRC pressing the direction key you're moving in fixes it, which is kinda moot when you're flying off into space with no suit.

The other side effect of new movement, the lack of pod-drift, is actually worse to me than the occasional space trip. It makes pod combat a total pain.
This is why you always keep your cash around. That starting paycheck is a couple hundred Δv adjustments!
should be fix by now, if not make new thread k