Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
add visual indicators for suffocation damage
like when you examine someone you can see that they are severely injured/burned i propose that you should be able to tell if someone has suffocated a great dealĀ 

when examining it should say like their face/lips are turning/are blue!

too often does suffocation damage go undiagnosed so it would be helpful in giving you a hint towards what exactly youre dying from
Doesn't it aay that the person is pale/extremely pale?
i believe paleness was for people who have lost blood recently, but who are not actively bleeding, or perhaps who are in shock?
Paleness is for low blood levels.
I'd actually like detailed examine-diagnosis to be rolled into the medical profession. It'd give MDs a leg up in healing outside of just the access. You can already do this with experience and reasoning, but MDs have the 'training'.
I think the same should apply to the detective's forensic tools.

Sure someone has burn damage, but short of figuring out whether or not the area around them is on fire, it doesn't tell you what kind of burn damage. Did they repeatedly stab themselves with a lighter for funsies? Or were they trying the ever so much fun space jump from escape door to escape door.
Gradually turn blue when suffocating, of course.
Don't people gasp when taking suffocation damage already?
People also gasp if they attempt to speak with any LOSEBREATH I think? So even if they're healing from it they're gasping (see: when you first get cloned and are just going ACK GASP BLARF for several minutes after)
I'm guilty of spamming gasp a little when I'm suffocating and am trying to get someone's attention to my critical health, this would help a lot.
me custommv points to throat
if you are really desperate to get the point across.
But I like the idea of some clear hints. CPR is slow as hell, we need al the air-assistance we can get.
you can't emote if you pass out, though; if you're lapsing in and out and keep getting the BEEP BEEP BEEP GASP you might be fucked when it comes to actually getting out an emote
I support skin turning more blue as you take more suffocation damage. It's funny and is a very "space station 13 thing" in my eyes.
can we also have crispy/blackened bits for burn damage
probably no need for toxin except in specific circumstances because toxin is meant to be stealthy
(07-18-2016, 02:52 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: can we also have crispy/blackened bits for burn damage
probably no need for toxin except in specific circumstances because toxin is meant to be stealthy
This is already a thing! At least, as far as overlays and visuals go.