Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
LLJK 1&2 Not Opening on Byond 510.1347 on Windows 10
Last ditch effort here Banging head against the wall . I spent the last two hours on various forums trying the usual fixes only to find that I could join other SS13 servers just fine. What happens is when I click the link to join, dreamseeker opens in my processes and the game does not open. this seems to only happen with LLJK 1 and LLJK 2 as I can join other codebases just fine. I have added exceptions for byond in my antivirus, disabled direct X filtering on IE. and made sure I do not have the bugged windows security patch that screws over byond. so far none of those work in fixing this issue. I asked the IRC for help and they were as stumped as I am. Any direction as to how to solve this issue is appreciated.
Try asking this on the BYOND forums, not much we could do to help you.
(07-15-2016, 11:45 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: Try asking this on the BYOND forums, not much we could do to help you.

asking here because it seems to be limited to just these two servers.
(07-15-2016, 11:45 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: Try asking this on the BYOND forums, not much we could do to help you.

You would think so, considering his problem only happens on our code.

edit: same time posting FTW
This is probably a really dumb question, but are you using the links on the wiki to join the server?

If you are, try joining from the server list in the byond pager.

I had a similar sounding issue for a while, and never did figure out what caused it, but I connected through the pager as a workaround. It eventually just resolved itself.
(07-15-2016, 12:07 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is probably a really dumb question, but are you using the links on the wiki to join the server?

I had a similar sounding issue for a while, and never did figure out what caused it, but I connected through the pager as a workaround. It eventually just resolved itself.

I am using the server list, actually. Using the links on goonhub or the wiki doesnt even open byond.
(07-15-2016, 12:23 PM)Dr_Bee Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 12:07 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is probably a really dumb question, but are you using the links on the wiki to join the server?

I am using the server list, actually. Using the links on goonhub or the wiki doesnt even open byond.

Assuming you've already restarted your computer, I'm afraid I have no further advice to provide.

Byond troubleshooting is not my forte.
You're using windows 10 and there were some problems with that before. There were some problems with it and internet explorer that were elaborated here.
(07-15-2016, 12:38 PM)Mageziya Wrote: You're using windows 10 and there were some problems with that before. There were some problems with it and internet explorer that were elaborated here.

tried it both with active x filtering on and off. same issue. some more information about the problem. I cant seem to join any other server besides Yogstation. so what does yogstation not have that other servers have? that could be the key to solving this.
Issue ended up being a rendering issue where BYOND selected the NVIDIA card over the built in one, seems to be fixed now.
(07-17-2016, 04:53 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: Issue ended up being a rendering issue where BYOND selected the NVIDIA card over the built in one, seems to be fixed now.

Wait, why wouldn't you want to use the NVIDIA driver?
screwing around attempting to fix this has not produced results. I have added the information we discovered to a thread on the byond help forums made by a person having the same problem I am having. so it isnt a problem with just my computer at least.