Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
When are bombs OK?
(03-23-2017, 04:26 AM)misto Wrote: i wish walls and r-walls would do more to block/channel explosions rather than the blast always being a more or less square/circular radius. for examble, imagine bomb set off in a reinforced steel hallway. the blast would at first be inclined to follow the path of least resistance and blow down the length of the hallway before pressing on the walls. but i understand that that sort of thing might be atmos levels of complexity

That would be awesome. I imagine chucking bomb through a door before closing them or ducking behind a partition to reduce damage taken
It would probably be laggy with larger bombs ( so maybe have a cap to make this only work for smaller blasts ) but having the explosion actually considder a room as a sealed space and selectively blow out windows and weaker doors rather than go straight for the floor and walls would be cool, and work well with the thoughts about less-destructive bombs.

Essentially if you toss a grenade into a room and close the airlock, you should be getting glass in your face rather than a hole in the floor.
That'd be cool, and would be relatively easy to implement. It's basically how foam grenades work right now. Just tweak it a bit and combine it with forces and stuff to create that more realistic and cool explosion. Also, this would have *great* potential for firebombs, as the fire would burst down a hallway, rather than just make a big fireball.
Good point, hadn't thought of it that way.
Could you just add an invisible "I hate glass and other unrobust things" foam to concussion nades?
(03-23-2017, 03:44 AM)HydroFloric Wrote: Well I know that I thought he was saying that as in you want heated co2 for some reason.
Using co2 to heat plasma is the old way to make bombs. I'm not gonna tell you exactly how, because think that's still a no-no.

Even when I've seen people on their first day making capped canbombs. Eng Left
I was just interested in why you mentioned co2.

Also map caps on their first day? You must be joking. RIGHT!?!
(03-23-2017, 01:44 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 03:44 AM)HydroFloric Wrote: Well I know that I thought he was saying that as in you want heated co2 for some reason.
Using co2 to heat plasma is the old way to make bombs. I'm not gonna tell you exactly how, because think that's still a no-no.

Even when I've seen people on their first day making capped canbombs. Eng Left

The old heating method isn't really a secret considering there are guides out there on how to do it. In fact it's pretty much one of the first things I learned when I started playing ss13.
I'm a canister bomb making expert and I don't even know the old method.