Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
When are bombs OK?
My view is bombs are OK when

A:the entire station is getting fucked by ops and oh god the nuke has 30 seconds left fuck fuck fuck ttv it oh god
B:OH GOD THE BLOB ALMOST HAS THE ENTIRE STATION SOMEBODY BOMB IT
C:A rampaging wizard has killed 90% of the crew and a bomb is almost the only option
D:Not on the station zlevel/on the research station
E:You are a antag
F:You are mindslaved
G:Ass day honk
H:A admin said it was ok
I:The bomb is not strong enough to breach stuff and you are killing a traitor with it because they have a full autoinjector belt and they looted telescience areas and a bomb is the only way you can stop them.

Edit: Don't bomb the nuke
(03-21-2017, 09:04 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote: My view is bombs are OK when

A:the entire station is getting fucked by ops and oh god the nuke has 30 seconds left fuck fuck fuck ttv it oh god
B:OH GOD THE BLOB ALMOST HAS THE ENTIRE STATION SOMEBODY BOMB IT
C:A rampaging wizard has killed 90% of the crew and a bomb is almost the only option
D:Not on the station zlevel/on the research station
E:You are a antag
F:You are mindslaved
G:Ass day honk
H:A admin said it was ok
I:The bomb is not strong enough to breach stuff and you are killing a traitor with it because they have a full autoinjector belt and they looted telescience areas and a bomb is the only way you can stop them.

the nuke is immune to explosives, dont bomb it you'll just kill the people fire extinguishing it
Alright edited my post to reflect this.
hey guys, you ever wonder if research is ever gonna get some new research to research, rather than bombs, which seem to be kind of a perfected craft at this point
(03-21-2017, 11:03 PM)misto Wrote: hey guys, you ever wonder if research is ever gonna get some new research to research, rather than bombs, which seem to be kind of a perfected craft at this point

Yeah i was just thinking about that, we should add a way to use dwaine to research technology and build new things, like the research system on tg but not as shit, gonna write up a mini-design document for this and put it on the forum once i have the time.
(03-21-2017, 11:11 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 11:03 PM)misto Wrote: hey guys, you ever wonder if research is ever gonna get some new research to research, rather than bombs, which seem to be kind of a perfected craft at this point

Yeah i was just thinking about that, we should add a way to use dwaine to research technology and build new things, like the research system on tg but not as shit, gonna write up a mini-design document for this and put it on the forum once i have the time.

As in every place where this is even vaguely mentioned, I continue to maintain that Toxins should be converted into an R&D area with doofy science gizmos and particle beams and such, a place for the crew to build neat technological things for ease-of-life (or just, I dunno, making a turbocharged segway).

Toxins itself could be moved to the research station, approximately the only place in the fucking world you should ever be actually detonating a canbomb if you're not a traitor (because every other circumstance is fairly extenuating). Put a teleporter to the research station or something if you want, or just a camera feed, so you can tell if some nerd is making bombs in secret.

I just hate the fact that Toxins is the biggest wing of Research when it's almost worthless without very explicit permission to use it or if you're a Badguy. Nine out of ten times I go in there it's completely empty. So much floor space, so much room to work, and a field that is 50% secrets and 50% griff. You're not even allowed to tell people the good canbomb mixes. There's no real 'standard' there, unlike chemistry goofiness or artifact research or configuring the teleporter. It just seems like no fun unless you're causing untold havoc, meaning the biggest part of Research is useless garbage.

frown I think about this a lot.

EDIT: Heck, Toxins is even the biggest Science department (by sheer floorspace) in the Destiny too, despite being even more inapplicable due to its small size.
EDIT2: And Clarion too! Admittedly, because the whole thing involves dragging canisters around, but holy shit!
Toxins would probably have an actual use if mining wasn't so lame and boring now.
Apparently the only thing years of plasma research has determined is "plasma goes boom if you heat it right".

We did it, guys! Plasma research is overrrr
What about in RP, if it makes sense? Say, for example, a super-loyal NT employee is aboard the NSS Destiny as a scientist working on plasma research, and there just so happens to be a Syndicate Nuclear attack on the Destiny. Would the scientist be allowed to bomb/suicide-bomb the Syndicates to protect NanoTrasen assets or whatever? While yes, it's damaging the ship, it's better than letting it get nuked.

Just an example. I know that RP can bypass most rules that are concerned with playing the game, and I was wondering if this was an exception.
(03-22-2017, 06:49 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Just an example. I know that RP can bypass most rules that are concerned with playing the game, and I was wondering if this was an exception.

I'd love to hear what rules you think can be bypassed by RP...
(03-22-2017, 06:48 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Apparently the only thing years of plasma research has determined is "plasma goes boom if you heat it right".

We did it, guys! Plasma research is overrrr

Its not so much about heating it right even. Its more so not rupturing the container. I think you used to actually be able to make higher pressure cans with custom mats, though there wasn't really a need if you know the trick

The only ~legitamate~ use for super heated canisters that I know of is engine mixes. But there is litteraly no need for that since you can already reach 999TW+ easily enough. Engine mixes are essentially just a jump start - but they take so long to make that its not worth it vs the classical methods

The only real thing for non traitors is to bomb the debris field. Which is pretty fun tbh when you attach SBRs and the crew gets warnings of bombs being armed in 'space' causing panic
(03-22-2017, 05:20 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Toxins itself could be moved to the research station, approximately the only place in the fucking world you should ever be actually detonating a canbomb if you're not a traitor (because every other circumstance is fairly extenuating). 

Don't blow it up there actually. It can still destroy the entire research wing.  :suicide:
(03-22-2017, 11:35 AM)cgrn10 Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 05:20 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Toxins itself could be moved to the research station, approximately the only place in the fucking world you should ever be actually detonating a canbomb if you're not a traitor (because every other circumstance is fairly extenuating). 

Don't blow it up there actually. It can still destroy the entire research wing.  :suicide:

wtf I hate toxins even more now
Toxins isn't even the quickest way to reach capped ttvs. Hell, I recall getting capped ttv gas with nothing but an air pump, some portable oxygen and plasma tanks, an enclosed 2x1 area, and a welder.

That whole area is pretty much just for makin' canbombs.
Quote:Toxins isn't even the quickest way to reach capped ttvs. Hell, I recall getting capped ttv gas with nothing but an air pump, some portable oxygen and plasma tanks, an enclosed 2x1 area, and a welder.

That whole area is pretty much just for makin' canbombs.
How the hell did you pull that off?