Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
AN EVENT APPROACHES
I know I'll be busting out my best Judge Dredd quotes as Security.
Ass day means I can abuse my powers more.

get in not go out
I'd love to see old abusable chemistry stuff like merculite, NI3, 1000 unit spray bottles, superhairgrownium + grog interactions, round-start chem nades, fermid foam, nearly unlimited foam scaling (not infinifoam though, fuck infinifoam), and pre-nerf azide return for this event by putting them inside something like this:

Code:
#ifdef ASSDAY
dothings
#endif

Hell, I'd love to see all sorts of old abusable shit like that come back for a grife filled day like this: Old style telekinesis, hulk suplex gibs, mining charge hackers that cause actual explosions instead of concussive shockwaves, custom borg patches, the RD's bomb, non-traitor syringe guns, laser guns instead of phasers in the armory, pre-nerf riot shotguns, old-style unlimited ammo artypods, His Grace, harmbatoning, pre-nerf cloakers, gym shorts giving people the power to flip over tables, and hell pizzas.
(07-17-2016, 12:18 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: ... words ...

Yes, and No. Whilst i agree that it would be radical to have lots of interesting things for these events, it would also mean that the code would be littered with #define statements for something that would be used not-that-often.
(07-17-2016, 12:49 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 12:18 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: ... words ...

Yes, and No. Whilst i agree that it would be radical to have lots of interesting things for these events, it would also mean that the code would be littered with #define statements for something that would be used not-that-often.

There's a buttload of #ifdef statements for XMAS and HALLOWEEN already. Both of those only roll around once a year, whereas this event will be a monthly thing.
(07-17-2016, 12:18 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'd love to see old abusable chemistry stuff like merculite, NI3, 1000 unit spray bottles, superhairgrownium + grog interactions, round-start chem nades, fermid foam, nearly unlimited foam scaling (not infinifoam though, fuck infinifoam), and pre-nerf azide return for this event by putting them inside something like this:

Code:
#ifdef ASSDAY
dothings
#endif

Hell, I'd love to see all sorts of old abusable shit like that come back for a grife filled day like this: Old style telekinesis, hulk suplex gibs, mining charge hackers that cause actual explosions instead of concussive shockwaves, custom borg patches, the RD's bomb, non-traitor syringe guns, laser guns instead of phasers in the armory, pre-nerf riot shotguns, old-style unlimited ammo artypods, His Grace, harmbatoning, pre-nerf cloakers, gym shorts giving people the power to flip over tables, and hell pizzas.
Don't forget TTV's in backpacks.
Ideal first round of ass day, which is really soon: Soon as the round starts, a nuke goes off and the station explodes, round over.
(08-11-2016, 12:30 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Ideal first round of ass day, which is really soon: Soon as the round starts, a nuke goes off and the station explodes, round over.

Oh man, I almost forgot.

I BETTER GET READY.
Time to spend the entire day throwing erebite floortiles around at people.
Finally, my duty as a janitor will be recognized! crossarms
I am willing to work with mechanics as a miner to makr a death trap field while we all have space suits and deadly weapons. Neighbors gotta work together.
Just to be completely sure - metagaming/metacomms is allowed during this right?
Far as I know, anything that isn't allowed will show up in a pop up, either at round start or when you join the server.
Isn't it more of a FFA grief fest? I think metacomm stuff might add an unpleasant taste to it.
Hey, so, I am not a new player or a casual player, but I am not technically a regular, where do I BELONG!
(I play in almost all of my freetime.)