Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
AN EVENT APPROACHES
I'm just gonna do whatever comes naturally
I'm just gonna build a shit ton of securitrons and enforce weapon restrictions.
(07-16-2016, 01:11 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Will silicons still be bound by laws?

If it's not in the rules it's not enforced.
yeah i mean i'm gonna say this once and once only

if it is not one of the rules mentioned in whatever the final vasion is that will probably be a round-start popup, it will not be enforced

how earthshattering this is relies entirely on your creativity
Cue one round all us old turbonerds metagame into all the science jobs, and procceed to work together to erase the entire station in one swoop.
(07-16-2016, 07:07 PM)Xeram Wrote: Cue one round all us old turbonerds metagame into all the science jobs, and procceed to work together to erase the entire station in one swoop.

That's called a canister bomb.
I can't wait for ghostdrone gangs to prowl the station and murder the baddies.
So, metagaming is allowed during this event right?
(07-16-2016, 08:58 PM)zewaka Wrote: I can't wait for ghostdrone gangs to prowl the station and murder the baddies.

Ghostdrones and borgs. They can work together because none of them need air and heat. Additionnally, drones can carry any item and borgs have all access.
(07-16-2016, 09:42 PM)medsal15 Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 08:58 PM)zewaka Wrote: I can't wait for ghostdrone gangs to prowl the station and murder the baddies.

Ghostdrones and borgs. They can work together because none of them need air and heat. Additionnally, drones can carry any item and borgs have all access.

Now if only ghostdrones could use guns during this event. Heh.
(07-16-2016, 06:34 PM)popecrunch Wrote: yeah i mean i'm gonna say this once and once only

if it is not one of the rules mentioned in whatever the final vasion is that will probably be a round-start popup, it will not be enforced

how earthshattering this is relies entirely on your creativity

Be sure not to miss anything because I'll be comparing the actual rules to the advertised rules for ideas on what to do big grin
Time to get my SHODAN quotes ready for some AI shenanigans.
So, any predictions?

Early, I expect it to be pure chaos at start. Basically a dog-eat-dog murderfest. Then I expect to see more department-eat-department murderfests, as people grab the closest teammate they have for safety. As the day goes on, I'd expect to see it stabilize roughly -- with like-minded regulars teaming up to combat the incoming chaos from the casual players and the players having their first couple of rounds. This would probably keep ramping up in a state of balance until prime time roles in where all chaos breaks loose.

Of course this isn't counting what admins do, as they only have to follow the rules they chain themselves to. If they decide to put the chaos on rails or beat people over the head with said rails, it'd be quite easy to do.
(07-17-2016, 06:50 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: So, any predictions?

Early, I expect it to be pure chaos at start. Basically a dog-eat-dog murderfest. Then I expect to see more department-eat-department murderfests, as people grab the closest teammate they have for safety. As the day goes on, I'd expect to see it stabilize roughly -- with like-minded regulars teaming up to combat the incoming chaos from the casual players and the players having their first couple of rounds. This would probably keep ramping up in a state of balance until prime time roles in where all chaos breaks loose.

Of course this isn't counting what admins do, as they only have to follow the rules they chain themselves to. If they decide to put the chaos on rails or beat people over the head with said rails, it'd be quite easy to do.

i personally see security the captain and any other powermad department head teaming up and creating a totalitarian nightmare complete with gulag, corrupt militia, and unethical human experimentation.
I'm looking forward to finally having a use for all that riot gear in the armory.

Maybe I'll be able to enforce some semblance of order if I'm good enough.