Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Soundscape
Niars Wrote:In a similar vein, I've wondered why there wasn't a red alert warning sound ever since I first saw the singularity float past. Just a brief siren once every couple of minutes that the AI could turn on and off. I dunno.

Because that is for chaos dunks, also tg has it so there's a low chance of it appearing
somewhat related, the removal of sounds cape made the background noise of certain audio clips really obvious. Most notably, the backpack sound has background noise that I found quite jarring.

I haven't heard anyone else make that complaint, so maybe it's just me.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I agree it should be returned. HOWEVER
I think it oughta be tied to the engine being active within the last minute or so, so if the omnipresent droning suddenly shuts off, everyone freaks out a bit.
I approve of this so hard boiled!

Actually, you know how is certain room and places, there is creepy, spooky bat and odd ambient sound? Maybe we could have something like that for certain places. Like some soft jazz in the jazz lounge, and hawaiian themed sounds in the pool/sauna, maybe even some noir stuff in the detective room. Reggae in botany. Now I feel like I went overboard, but you see what I mean.
No. Putting some machine ambience and spooky noises in specific areas is fun, but it'd be really annoying to put looping music in regular station rooms. It'd also be a waste of server resources.
The engine already makes noises, and there really isn't much else. A sound of air seeping out of a breach would be nice. Also something for pipe leaks in the engine room would help. Something like the message you get when the canisters crack would be ideal for the pipes in my opinion.

I haven't even found the pressure limit on pipes. Its also weird that toxins pipes stand 100,000's of kpa and the engine pipes are weak.
I made the toxins pipes immune to pressure bursts awhile ago. Gas was getting trapped during normal mixer burns and causing ruptures, which was kinda dumb.

I'm still working on adding more ambient noises to the station and more noises from actions and events, I'd just like to avoid putting in uncontrollable background music. It works in the Void and probably a couple other places, but I think it'd be annoying as hell to have looping music on the station unless it's coming from a sax or a jukebox. Nothing stopping you from playing reggae on your own computer while playing in botany.