Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Soundscape
I miss the soundscape. According to dead-chat a lot of other people do to. Could we have it back?
If it's doing some kind of damage or causing lag, leave it gone, but if not, what's the harm in having it?
I was saying this in dead chat earlier...Soundscape is going to be the new poo...
I doubt there was anything wrong with soundscape. Sometimes the coders just get an impulse to remove a feature. Why? Hell if i know. They just want to fiddle to make a change, not really any improvement over anything.
The game is kindof disturbing without white noise. It's way to quiet and I really don't like it.

We don't have to bring the old sound scape back, but a little white noise is a good
thing
bring this back imo, no idea why it was completely removed when a clientside toggle has existed since the dawn of man
I don't see any point in removing something that could be turned off anyway
I agree it should be returned. HOWEVER
I think it oughta be tied to the engine being active within the last minute or so, so if the omnipresent droning suddenly shuts off, everyone freaks out a bit.
Cogwerks Wrote:I agree it should be returned. HOWEVER
I think it oughta be tied to the engine being active within the last minute or so, so if the omnipresent droning suddenly shuts off, everyone freaks out a bit.

That would own.
I approve of this so hard!

That's fantastic.

Although I have to admit I didn't really notice it being gone, but that's because I blast music through my computer speakers when I'm playing.
Having a soundscape that fluctuates with power would be amazing.
Though I think ths sync would be disastrous for laggy players. The power out noise plays as the engine turns back on and etc.
In the end its worth fighting for.
Dream Maker AWAY!
Please leave the toggle option in. I would also not mind soundscape being off by default. I'm one of the people who hates the soundscape, I use headphones that make the quiet drone sound like a bassy WHUMMMMM .
MyBlueCorners Wrote:Please leave the toggle option in. I would also not mind soundscape being off by default. I'm one of the people who hates the soundscape, I use headphones that make the quiet drone sound like a bassy WHUMMMMM .
This
bladex454 Wrote:Having a soundscape that fluctuates with power would be amazing.
Though I think ths sync would be disastrous for laggy players. The power out noise plays as the engine turns back on and etc.
In the end its worth fighting for.
Dream Maker AWAY!

That's why I said it would have a check to see if the engine had been off for at least a minute, so occasional engine hiccups wouldn't be super annoying.
In a similar vein, I've wondered why there wasn't a red alert warning sound ever since I first saw the singularity float past. Just a brief siren once every couple of minutes that the AI could turn on and off. I dunno.