Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O2 locker refills
You know those little O2 wall lockers? I think it would be neat if when you stuck air tanks inside them, it would refill them back up to at least 40. Maybe it costs money to do so.

Yeah, I know there are various air canisters you can do this on, but I feel like this would be more accessible.
maybe emergency o2 tanks could be added as buyables to public minimeds around the station
(07-12-2016, 05:20 PM)misto Wrote: maybe emergency o2 tanks could be added as buyables to public minimeds around the station

I like it
Even if the lockers just had a high chance of spawning a mini air tank it would help, all the times I'm gasping walking up to one and just find a breathing mask in it, I'm like THATS GREAT AND ALL, but my box has a 100% of containing that!
I compulsively acquire and top of small tanks because of the decompression risks on any SS13 station. I'm not sure if that habit should remain 'survival 101', but for what it is worth, I too would like O2 supplies to be more reliably present.
i've also noticed that if you refill your tanks from an air canister, not pure o2, and don't ratchet up the pressure massively, you will inexplicably die
it has to be a release pressure of like 80 if you use the accessible high capacity air tanks. spacemen breathe only pure oxygen apparently
(07-14-2016, 08:25 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: i've also noticed that if you refill your tanks from an air canister, not pure o2, and don't ratchet up the pressure massively, you will inexplicably die
it has to be a release pressure of like 80 if you use the accessible high capacity air tanks. spacemen breathe only pure oxygen apparently

That's because the minimum partial pressure of oxygen needed per breath for a human to not start suffering oxy damage is set at 17 kpa. 

The standard air mix is only around 21% percent oxygen. Thus, you'd need to breathe that mix at a pressure of at least 81 kpa to not take oxygen damage.
Oh okay