Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be a part of space history: infernal contracts - the reject bin
Achillies: You become invulnerable to harm, however damage to randomly chosen part of your body when you sign the contract (arm, leg) will cause you to instantly die if you take even 1 damage to it

The gambler: This contract irreversibly activates every single potential mutation you are carrying

I'm rich!: when you sign the contract, you gain several million credits. However, you cannot store the money in an atm or a card, and it disappears after 15 mins. better spend it quick!

The running man: you have extremely high (but not unlimited) stamina. however, if your stamina ever drops into the negative, you will DIE
You should also be forced to wear a toga (towel) for the Achilles thing
(07-13-2016, 07:58 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: [quote pid='76529' dateline='1468414023']
Plasma Lung:
Pro: You can now breath plasma!
Con: You can't heal unless you're standing in a tile containing plasma gas. (And maybe give them the Human Torch trait, if possible)

Could you elaborate upon what you mean by "heal"?

[/quote]

before you said 'heal' I thought it read that "you take damage if you're not breathing plasma", a-la the water-breathing potion in terraria making you HAVE to breathe water.  This would make more sense, and if people were too stupid to bring their own plasma (ie they're not engineer/scientist) they could be given an emergency plasma tank to buy them a couple minutes to break into somewhere that did have it, unless that becomes exploited by people emptying the plasma into the air via a pump frown
(07-28-2016, 12:09 AM)pnutz Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 07:58 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: [quote pid='76529' dateline='1468414023']
Plasma Lung:
Pro: You can now breath plasma!
Con: You can't heal unless you're standing in a tile containing plasma gas. (And maybe give them the Human Torch trait, if possible)

Could you elaborate upon what you mean by "heal"?

before you said 'heal' I thought it read that "you take damage if you're not breathing plasma", a-la the water-breathing potion in terraria making you HAVE to breathe water.  This would make more sense, and if people were too stupid to bring their own plasma (ie they're not engineer/scientist) they could be given an emergency plasma tank to buy them a couple minutes to break into somewhere that did have it, unless that becomes exploited by people emptying the plasma into the air via a pump frown
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, there's already a disease that makes you only able to breathe plasma.
Might I persuade you to reconsider your stance on the jugglemancy contract?
Jugglemancy is one of those niche gems of SS13 that, while of course its too disruptive to permit outright -- perhaps in this wee tiny corner of the game where we have infernal contracts maybe please maybe slide it back into the game as a feature.
(07-28-2016, 06:27 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: Might I persuade you to reconsider your stance on the jugglemancy contract?

Probably not. The jugglemancy incident is a sacred moment in our history that should not be profaned.

Anyway, I've refocused on the Borg patch again and am no longer actively working on this patch as I can no longer test these contracts effectively since I've run into an issue with byond preventing me from using any of the admin tools on a personal server.

I have no idea what's causing the problem. Regardless, Zewaka has a more complete version of the code with fixes for bugs that I couldn't find due to the aforementioned issue.