Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Large Beakers
Chemistry as it is now spawns three boxes of small beakers and has a handful of large beakers scattered throughout the room. These large beakers are gone within five minutes due to the high popularity of scientists and their scarcity. More than once I have late joined and been forced to go into medbay just to dump out a reserve tank of some medical chemical because large beakers are harder to get than phasers. My suggestion is to simply make one of the boxes of small beakers into a box of large beakers. And before anyone counters this by saying that the QM can order more.. sure they can, but they never do and frankly it's way too much work.

Thanks!
I dunno. The main use for large beakers is in assemblies; double the chem volume is a pretty big deal.

Watering cans work even better for chem mixing and are available in abundance at the russian sat. You can even use a fuel tank's 400u volume to store a mix.
I'm honestly of the opinion that the station has too much gear. Large beakers are one of the few things that aren't entirely overrepresented.
Steal medbay's. If you need more, QM can order crates of medical supplies.
Honestly I just go straight to the russian botany ship since I know that on a decent pop round the beakers will be taken in the first minute. I guess it is balanced because large beakers can be used in assemblies? I would also like to note that there is no option at QM to order empty large beakers, you have to get the medical reservoir tanks and dump them out for more beakers.
(07-11-2016, 11:28 PM)Erev Wrote: I'm honestly of the opinion that the station has too much gear. Large beakers are one of the few things that aren't entirely overrepresented.

This sums up my opinion as well.
(07-12-2016, 07:02 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 11:28 PM)Erev Wrote: I'm honestly of the opinion that the station has too much gear. Large beakers are one of the few things that aren't entirely overrepresented.

This sums up my opinion as well.

This.
More large beakers would be mean more pain and suffering at the hands of master chemists and more bitching from people  who consider chemistry to be a little over used and over powered.

[Image: me2-852x930.png]
Less large beakers
you can always steal a big container such as a glass pitcher or watering can and use it for secondhand mixing ie get your chems from the machine with a normal beaker and dump them into the pitcher, then once theyre mixed in the pitcher pour them back into a beaker to continue working on them

also search the debris field for treasure crates to unlock. a medical crate with several reservoir tanks and a hypospray is one of the commonest fucking treasures out there. do a little work

i will say though, that beakers should be a little less invincible than they currently are. they manage to unleash explosive shit that breaks thru the steel floors and melts walls and shit and remain intact thru it sometimes, its wild. beakers should be shatterable(sturdier than mere ordinary food-level glassware though) and there should be a beaker glass recycler in chem for reforming their beakers as there is a kitchenware recycler up at the bar. then you can just smash up your small beakers to make nice bigger beakers, yes? just like how the chef and barman have to smash up their shit to reform into different glasses and cups. and you will have to recycle things, because your beakers will actually break when you use them as bombs.
Quote:beakers should be shatterable(sturdier than mere ordinary food-level glassware though) and there should be a beaker glass recycler in chem for reforming their beakers as there is a kitchenware recycler up at the bar. then you can just smash up your small beakers to make nice bigger beakers, yes? just like how the chef and barman have to smash up their shit to reform into different glasses and cups. and you will have to recycle things, because your beakers will actually break when you use them as bombs.

Ya. This is actually a fantastic idea.

Second solution: Wouldn't it be just the perfect balance to have enough large beakers for everyone without having an excess? If only there were some way to make that happen. Oh wait! What about if we make research spawn with a large beaker each inside their box. No more rush for the large beakers, everyone gets one, everyone is happy, no excessive spawning.