Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atmos control for the Port-a-Brig
Currently, people in the Port-a-Brig use the atmosphere at the location of the Port-a-Brig. That means if there's no air, they suffocation. What if we could put a gas tank into a slot on it to give the prisoner some oxygen? Or, for particularly unruly prisoners, sleeping gas. Or if you're a mindslave sec, plasma.
(07-10-2016, 07:22 PM)Grek Wrote: Currently, people in the Port-a-Brig use the atmosphere at the location of the Port-a-Brig. That means if there's no air, they suffocation. What if we could put a gas tank into a slot on it to give the prisoner some oxygen? Or, for particularly unruly prisoners, sleeping gas. Or if you're a mindslave sec, plasma.

I'm okay with this. Should probably start with oxygen by default
if you put in a plasma tank and the prisoner had a lit cigarette in their mouth or other flame source, the results should be explosive
I like this for a number of reasons.
(07-11-2016, 09:40 AM)misto Wrote: if you put in a plasma tank and the prisoner had a lit cigarette in their mouth or other flame source, the results should be explosive

According to a bug report involving pod atmospheres from waaaaay back, a pure plasma atmosphere is actually extremely toxic to the point of where it will near instantly kill anyone exposed to it. The reason that plasma doesn't instantly kill anyone is because it's too diluted when it commonly occurs.
OK, after experiencing NO2 + Handcuffs + Portabrigging for myself, I retract this idea as stupid and the anti-fun.

Also remove NO2 it is the worst feature in the game and has always been the worst feature in the game.
I think I've seen n2o used responsibly once, back during a resurgence of greytiding. Of course then security had to use etanks because the n2o fully cleaned up even after 20 minutes of effort.

The original idea still stands, though. Just limited to oxygen. It'd be nice if the portabrig could be utilized in a vacuum without having to worry about the prisoner dying on you. It would also allow for sec to use it as a rescue utility in emergencies.
(07-15-2016, 09:37 AM)Grek Wrote: OK, after experiencing NO2 + Handcuffs + Portabrigging for myself, I retract this idea as stupid and the anti-fun.

Also remove NO2 it is the worst feature in the game and has always been the worst feature in the game.

N2O is great for quelling monkey riots in genetics without killing all the monkeys. It also has some rather useful thermal properties and can function as a substitute gas in the engine loops if you can't use plasma for some reason.
(07-15-2016, 10:04 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 09:37 AM)Grek Wrote: OK, after experiencing NO2 + Handcuffs + Portabrigging for myself, I retract this idea as stupid and the anti-fun.

N2O is great for quelling monkey riots in genetics without killing all the monkeys. It also has some rather useful thermal properties and can function as a substitute gas in the engine loops if you can't use plasma for some reason.

Nitrous oxide is actually better than plasma in the cold loop.
(07-15-2016, 10:09 AM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 10:04 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Nitrous oxide is actually better than plasma in the cold loop.
I didn't do the exact calculations, but it makes sense that it would be.