Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traitors / Trolls abusing shuttle safe zone
There's not much I can write for this other than I've noticed over the last week a bunch of people using the shuttle safe zone to either get out of being arrested or prevent themselves from getting killed as a ling or traitor.

I feel this should be addressed, maybe with a 1-5 minute timer where the safe area for each individual person no longer exists.
It'll be gone as soon as Wire finishes his new arrivals idea thing, but yes the entire safe zone is garbage and merely a knee-jerk reaction to a non-existing issue.
(07-08-2016, 06:10 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: It'll be gone as soon as Wire finishes his new arrivals idea thing, but yes the entire safe zone is garbage and merely a knee-jerk reaction to a non-existing issue.

I can safely say that I've encountered more changelings eating people in arrivals AFTER the implementation of the safe zone than before.
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but why didn't we stick with the teleporter arrivals thing? It seemed to be working out well.
If I recall it was sort of weirdly hashed in from what Destiny does? I agree that it seemed like a better holdover than the safe zone being on the station itself, however.
EDIT: Wire thought it was boring tho.
(07-08-2016, 01:30 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: If I recall it was sort of weirdly hashed in from what Destiny does? I agree that it seemed like a better holdover than the safe zone being on the station itself, however.
EDIT: Wire thought it was boring tho.

It's very boring.

I personally preferred not having a safe-zone, but that's just me.
I called it. I knew this was going to get abused the day I heard it was being put in.

Instead of changing how arrivals works maybe people who spawn kill should be banned? I know admins won't be able to be there all the time to ban the shit players but it's better then wasting time on "solutions" that don't work.

"Change is only good when it makes things better."
(07-08-2016, 06:10 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: It'll be gone as soon as Wire finishes his new arrivals idea thing, but yes the entire safe zone is garbage and merely a knee-jerk reaction to a non-existing issue.

I know, right? I'm not even sure why it was added, then replaced with the teleporters (I actually kinda liked those), then readded.
The new arrival method should be interesting though