Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead AIs can interact with doors within line of sight
See: Subject.
When you die as the AI and re enter your 'corpse' you can control click doors to open and close them. This plus the observe command means annoying the crew. Which is fun. I'd assume you can do the same if your dead human body is next to a door. Maybe even better with TK.

Ill be honest and say Iv known this for a while.. More to annoy traitors and grief admins by closing doors as soon as they are opened.
There's already a thread for this (I made it).

It's an open bug. The ctrl-click and shift-click commands bypass a whole bunch of shit to simplify the code, meaning that they don't actually check if you're dead to see if they work; nor do they check if a door has the AI Control wire cut. so... yeah.
Now that this is out please quickfix it before the vengeful shits find it.
Marquesas Wrote:Now that this is out please quickfix it before the vengeful shits find it.
I thought about putting it out for everyone to see or telling an Admin in PM. But I don't think its that bad, And if its already had a thread then most people already know about it.
Does bolting doors work? Cause if it does then its kinda bad.
Kaet Wrote:Does bolting doors work? Cause if it does then its kinda bad.
No..
Control click is a shortcut to opening doors as AI and borgs.
Yeah, but I believe shift-click bolts and unbolts. So I figured it might do the same bug.
Kaet Wrote:Yeah, but I believe shift-click bolts and unbolts. So I figured it might do the same bug.
I didn't even know shift click bolts doors. Not sure if anybody else knew either, but now that they know, no doubt what you fear will happen.
Kaet Wrote:Does bolting doors work? Cause if it does then its kinda bad.
I answered this question In my post.

It's only within line of sight of the ai's body that this bug works... Which amounts to 3 doors.