Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY DOES IT EVEN MATTER MAN
Do you guys ever get stuck in a loop on the station where you realize you do the same thing every round? I don't know if its just because I've been playing off and on for like almost 3 years but every single round I get drunk, piss and vomit all over myself, and then die or kill myself. Sitting in front of a genetics or QM console for 50 minutes just seems like work if its all going to be reset the next round. Does anyone really have any advice or am I just in the middle of some mid-spaceman-life-crisis.
interact with people.
This does sound like a "mid-spaceman-life-crisis", I'd suggest trying a completely new role or trying to find fun things that are happening. Look for silly stuff like if a Chaplain is starting a cult or something.

Or you could take a break, I've played too much before and got to a point where a 2 week break was necessary to not get completely sick of it.
Yeah, I've been there. I'm actually getting there again. Normally what I do is either take some time off SS13 (which is what I did last time) or try to learn a new role. My last attempt at learning something was to learn mechanics... I'll probably be returning to that again soon to try to get a better handle on the trickier stuff. It is hard to put down the scrubs though.
I'm backing off for this reason. Me doing the same things. Other people doing the same things. It's a bit like watching the same 12-episode let's play over and over again. Fitting, since I love SS13 because it can almost be a let's play when you're dead. The only thing I enjoy atm is talking with people in deadchat. I've just over-saturated myself.

All things change with time; for better or worse. Either way - the longer the break, the fresher the return.
I found myself cooking a lot, so I tried playing security and medical roles. However, a break is a good thing. I myself am going through the Mass Effect series again since it's been a few years.
it dont matter

none of this matters
(07-06-2016, 12:22 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: interact with people.
Yeah, just instead of getting piss drunk and dying each round try to do something insane like helping people or getting a gang together or hell, playing security.
(07-06-2016, 09:48 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: it dont matter

none of this matters
I do the same thing every round and I still find it fun. My secret is having a very nebulous goal (healing everyone and keeping them alive) that you can always work towards but also shirk whenever you feel like it. Now you have a reason to run around and keep occupied, let's go talk to people and see what everyone's up to. Try to get involved in something like a telesci adventure or a party somewhere, if your chosen goal is useful, some people will enjoy having you around and taking you places. Sometimes the shit happens to you and its up to you to choose if you want to go with someones kidnapping gimmick or hit them in the head with an extinguisher and scream about it over radio. Hell just saving people from disasters is fun, keep an eye on the radio for people asking for help, which also goes a long way to making buddies.
I'm going to also recommend playing security. No other job has you doing as much and interacting with the crew as it does, imo
(07-07-2016, 02:57 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'm going to also recommend playing security. No other job has you doing as much and interacting with the crew as it does, imo

Or play clown. Clowns get the chance to interact with people in many funny ways, including playing crude pranks.
Ever walled off the arrivals hallway or put a backpack full of active mouse traps in the bar? Play clown and you can do this and much more.  smile
(07-12-2016, 08:43 AM)Fenriswolf1991 Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 02:57 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'm going to also recommend playing security. No other job has you doing as much and interacting with the crew as it does, imo

Ever walled off the arrivals hallway

That is utterly terrible.

At least make it a maze so it's more fun.
i play each round with the intention of dying, preferably in a hilarious way

it's more fun that way so i don't get frustrated or mad that i die
What I usually do is just take a break or find a different server to play for a bit.

If not that, then find a new challenge to undertake.

Make a flamethrower that shoots carpet and paint.

Solve a mystery.

As tator create a ridiculous super villain gimmick.

Pray to the admins for a worthy foe.

Find conspiracies in gibberish.

Get creative.

I think the only problem with finding a plan that doesn't involve dying is that if somebody kills you, then your plan fails.
(07-12-2016, 08:51 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 08:43 AM)Fenriswolf1991 Wrote: Frank_SteinI'm going to also recommend playing security. No other job has you doing as much and interacting with the crew as it does, imo

Ever walled off the arrivals hallway

That is utterly terrible.

At least make it a maze so it's more fun.

I always put a fake wall/hidden door into the wall and it´s plain to see and easy to find when I go through.
It´s open most of the time anyway.