Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
more uses for plasma
Make plasma a suitable replacement for blood with some explosive side-effects.
(07-07-2016, 06:45 PM)poland spring Wrote: like have it be a different kind of fuel cell for borgs

crowbar open a borg charging station and plunk in a tank of heated plasma, now the borgs will charge in it faster, refilling their depleted cell in mere moments rather than needing to wait around in it for a while. charging speed scales up with greater heat in the plasma.

crowbar open a pod and replace its plasma fuel with superheated plasma fuel tank, zip zip zoom youve supercharged the pod and its speedier and shoots faster or some shit

we need to make plasma work for us! we cannot let it continue to be nothing but a menace!

shit! and think of the cooking! give superheated plasma to the chef, he hooks it up to the ovens, and the food cooks instantly. plasma summer bbq
How about some new tools that use plasma? 

Some kind of healing beam like TF2's medic for Medbay

A plasma cannons and beam cells for Sec

Plasma cutters for mining

Have then all use cans of heated plasma gas as an energy source.
(07-07-2016, 09:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about some new tools that use plasma? 

Some kind of healing beam like TF2's medic for Medbay

A plasma cannons and beam cells for Sec

Plasma cutters for mining

Have then all use cans of heated plasma gas as an energy source.

We used to have plasma cutters, I think they got axed for being shitty though.

The rest of the ideas are good.
Every space chef knows the best space jerky is made in a plasma-rich atmosphere crossarms
I fully support the idea of Plasma being useful for something other than killing the entire crew. Cannons, healy beam majiggers, a plasma oven-- I like those little things that force the crew to interact with each other and, in turn, make things nicer for each other (artbeakers for hydroponics, ingredients for the chef, rare chemicals/hyposprays/etc. for the chemists, lots of money to fund departments, etc). They make rounds varied by whether you've got those conveniences and what lengths you'll go to get something that lets you cook burgers faster.
(07-04-2016, 05:37 PM)misto Wrote: plasma as medical treatment:
1. hook it up to the cryo pods alongside the current o2 tank, in order for the cryo pods to function. who knows what will happen? only good things, im sure.
Cryoxadone is made with plasma so i always sort of thought of it this way. I always thought plasma being added to the more outlandish recipes would be nice.
Send plasma to another station.
Get money.
RNG
They're stupid and don't know how to control it.
Boom.
Space Junk everywhere!
Hopefully there is something useful left.
How about a plasma shield projector - a fancy little device that uses plasma to create a 3x1 to 7x1 field of semi-solid energy centered one tile in front of it. Great for protecting the station from syndicates, blobs, marauding drones, or just keeping grubby staff assistants back. Just running on plain room temperature plasma it's not very effective, to the point where someone sprinting could just run through it if they didn't mind getting zapped for their trouble or it'd fall quickly to a determined staff assistant with a fire extinguisher could break through it. Mixing plasma based chems into the fuel should totally produce different results.