Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Security Officer 202?
(08-25-2016, 05:09 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: What exactly is the use of flashbangs? I've read they're good for breaking up fights, but I've never been able to use them usefully.

Also, how'd you set a custom Miranda verb? Sounds really useful.

Flash bangs are good because they go over tables and people don't usually expect them.
(08-25-2016, 05:09 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: What exactly is the use of flashbangs? I've read they're good for breaking up fights, but I've never been able to use them usefully.

Also, how'd you set a custom Miranda verb? Sounds really useful.

Pick up sunglasses in sec, then look around for earmuffs. Swap those on and you can just trigger the flashbang, dash straight into the fight and knock down everyone in the area.
I just pull the pin and run out of the room. Then I run back in and stun everyone on the floor and if I'm a clown when this happens I steal their shoes.
They're another great thing to use against people with OP combos since nobody uses earplugs. Could possibly down them long enough to get em' into the portabrig.

They do excel in crowd control for the aforementioned reasons.
They're also excellent for breaking up fights, since most people's reaction to a flashbang will be to run away from it rather than keep attacking. I particularly like them for the shuttle and for when people are running around the brig, hiding behind tables so you can't just taze them.

To set your Miranda statement, go under Commands and pick Set Miranda Rights.
(08-25-2016, 05:09 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Also, how'd you set a custom Miranda verb? Sounds really useful.

its a command right next to say miranda rights on the command list, something like "set custom miranda rights"
(08-23-2016, 09:08 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: Recently I've been taking people's suggestions and then letting the person in trouble pick what they want to happen. You would be very surprised at how often people are willing to play crusher poke twice rather than serve a 4 minute brig sentence.

The same goes for a game of Russian Roulette. It's fun.
A good tip I've found is just ditch the helmet. You look like a Goober with it on. The same goes for the armor and should keep it off if you aren't dealing with people with billets eg, detective, people with zipguns.
I always ditch the helmet, as it obscures my magnificent Mohawk.
(08-26-2016, 12:24 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I always ditch the helmet, as it obscures my magnificent Mohawk.
Fortunately, I have an incredibly stylish and protective beret to wear. Smuggo
(08-26-2016, 12:25 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 12:24 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I always ditch the helmet, as it obscures my magnificent Mohawk.
Fortunately, I have an incredibly stylish and protective beret to wear. Smuggo

Mohawk > Beret
You are both beautiful!

But the helmet does look kind of silly.
The helmet covers my bald spot.
the helmet prevents me from being beat to death
I always upgrade to an EVA-type helmet, but save the SEC-lid for securitron construction.