Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Security Officer 202?
If I can find a sec helmet and baton I'll always make a custom-named securitron. Beepsky needs all the friends he can get.
Someone made a nice, even goofier looking replacement sprite for the siren hats. 

(05-13-2016, 04:53 PM)Grek Wrote: [Image: geDdDQH.png][Image: KdekGIK.png]

Red and blue, for animation! It also uses transparency. I have no idea of goonstation supports that for clothing sprites, but its there.

[Image: GkqyRqx.gif]

E: Imgur does not like mixing transparency and animation, so here's a solid version. Pretend the visor is semi-transparent, OK?
(08-27-2016, 10:54 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Someone made a nice, even goofier looking replacement sprite for the siren hats. 

(05-13-2016, 04:53 PM)Grek Wrote: [Image: geDdDQH.png][Image: KdekGIK.png]

Red and blue, for animation! It also uses transparency. I have no idea of goonstation supports that for clothing sprites, but its there.

[Image: GkqyRqx.gif]

E: Imgur does not like mixing transparency and animation, so here's a solid version. Pretend the visor is semi-transparent, OK?

I thought that sprite was one of the suggested contenders in the first place
I like it though
I made Beepsky a buddy. It's fun to build securitrons, just a pain to get batons.
I always switch out my helmet and uniform to the Poncho and Siren helmet. Just looks better to me.
I'm a big fan of making capes out of the security bedsheets.
I'm never out of uniform. It's unprofessional
Poncho, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots, basically anything to keep me from looking like a basic sec officer

it helps a lot, people generally avoid criming around redsuits but if you're incognito you have a better chance of catching someone in the act!
Also it means more helmets are free and I can build beepsky friends. A whole beepsquad if you will.
Really any decent officer has a secbot partner at all times

YOU CAN EVEN LOAD THEM ON PODS
Whenever I play sec, I'm generally a paper pusher type guy, I don't just arrest someone for growing weed, I ask them to sign a waiver saying that the weed will not be monetized, and then I'm cool with it. I don't go out of my way to be shit, but I'm still getting the hang of it. I remember one round I was the sole law aboard the station, and someone had started a fire, so I took a forensics scanner, and matched the prints with someone, and brigged em', and they got mad and started shouting slurs and I didn't know how to feel :/.
(09-07-2016, 11:20 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: Whenever I play sec, I'm generally a paper pusher type guy, I don't just arrest someone for growing weed, I ask them to sign a waiver saying that the weed will not be monetized, and then I'm cool with it. I don't go out of my way to be shit, but I'm still getting the hang of it. I remember one round I was the sole law aboard the station, and someone had started a fire, so I took a forensics scanner, and matched the prints with someone, and brigged em', and they got mad and started shouting slurs and I didn't know how to feel :/.

I'm sorry that happened to you. They were at fault and being horrible to you. No one should shout slurs, no matter how upset they are. Don't let it get to you.
Yeah, adminhelp slurs. We love pushing rude buttons on people who do that.
I'm going to necro this thread because it has so much valuable information and I love it.

Sec players who are looking for ways to improve their playstyle, or become more robust, or whatever, please take the time to read the posts here. Obviously you shouldn't take everything to heart (use good judgement!), but a lot of this stuff is really helpful, even if it just has to serve as a reminder ("oh, right, I should probably do this").

My contributions:

If there's a player (whose antag status remains uncertain) that keeps messing with sec, despite being given multiple warnings and chances (being clear and explicit about what their punishment may be will help), and you have to resort to killing/borging them, feel free to send an ahelp detailing your situation. It'll help us keep track of things and make life easier for everyone. A lot of situations are case-by-case, and this is just a general thing, though, so if you have questions, please ask. 

Think like an antag! Obviously not in all ways (you're supposed to keep the crew safe, not chop their limbs off! usually), but tactically, it's pretty sound. Retreating is always an option, especially if you're at a clear disadvantage. It doesn't mean that you're abandoning your duty - you're just assessing the situation and using some foresight. So are disguises and ambushes. Drop those red pajamas or that police uniform, and grab a scientist's uniform and a gas mask. Hide in a closet and empty your taser into that helpless victi - dangerous criminal when they run by.

And, lastly, I'd just like to reiterate what a lot of others have been saying. Teamwork (which includes communication) and cooperation are so important. Use your radio and PDA and keep track of each other. Get along with the crew, and make them feel like you're there to help. Take advantage of helpful AIs. Deputize trustworthy individuals when you're too overwhelmed. 

An addendum: I haven't really been playing sec lately, since I'm always worried about neglecting the role if/when ahelps come in, but I'd like that to change. If you see me on and want a sec partner, you should definitely let me know, and we can play together.
(10-23-2017, 08:34 AM)Flourish Wrote: If you see me on and want a sec partner, you should definitely let me know, and we can play together.

Lol, after that Scooby Doo chase we had in robotics, I think I know better than to do that.