Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Security Officer 202?
(02-27-2019, 05:02 AM)Doctor Zaius Wrote: One of the peeps in my HoS app thread asked me to do a sec writeup, but I'm really not sure what to say that hasn't already been said in this thread, so instead I'm just gonna toss out a few questions.

What are people's feelings on floor flasher placements? I've seen them placed at sec entrances a lot, which can come in handy when people are running in like butts, but can also be a righteous pain in the ass for the Det/anyone else who has legit access but not sunglasses.

How do y'all feel about changing out of the red jumpsuit? This is one I've gone back and forth on, I used to try to stay in uniform whenever possible, but lately I've tended to use the alternate wardrobe in sec a lot more often.

When do you folks bust out the orange jumpsuit/shackles? Like, they're clearly there to be used, but they're always kinda cumbersome to get a person suited out with.

What are people's general sentence lengths for various crimes?

Ending with a random thought, dang the burst mode on the taser is good when combined with the extended battery officers start with in their kits.

Flashers in the entranceway are really good and deter non-antags from breaking into sec just because; if you want to be extra cheeky you can hide them behind a chair. The detective or HoP walking in and flashing themselves is funny so I don't let that deter me from using them.

Jumpsuit choice is all preference, I personally really like the way the default suit looks with the armor and helmet but if you prefer any of the other ones you should wear them. That's what they're there for and they're all different tropes of police wear so you could use them to run fun gimmicks.

Orange jumpsuit is for trials and for people caught late enough into the shift that we've decided to just bring them on the shuttle. Shackles are good for very sneaky criminals who keep hopping in disposal chutes or just barely breaking out of your grip and running you around security. Otherwise they typically aren't worth putting on people because brig sentences don't run super long, but you can do it anyways.

Longer sentences for people who OOC-ly complain about being arrested or are totally silent, shorter sentences for people who RP and are fun with it. (I'm going to ahelp you!! vs. I want to speak to your MANAGER!!) I like to explicitly tell them their sentence will be longer/shorter because of good/bad behavior, as I think this will encourage players to be less shitty when they get caught by sec.

You can also use the spare cell to "reload" your stunbaton because those use the same cells guns do.
Regarding the batons and power cells, I find that I rarely need a 200u cell in the baton, and will put the 100u from the taser into the baton to have a spare 200u cell for the taser
Don't pull criminals, instead hold onto them with a level 2 grab. They'll be less likely to break free from getting bumped, and even serve as a shield against being attacked.
(02-27-2019, 09:48 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Don't pull criminals, instead hold onto them with a level 2 grab. They'll be less likely to break free from getting bumped, and even serve as a shield against being attacked.

Adding to it, it also prevents people from accidentally or "accidentally" getting pushed away from you by bystanders.

PDA Porta-Brig is also your friend.  You put someone in and lock it, the only way they can get out is for someone else to beat you up enough to steal your remote.  Dragging them around is also faster.  Just make sure they don't have sunglasses so the inside flasher does its job when you bring them out, just in case it took too long to get back to security.  Handcuffs can still be removed in that thing.
(02-27-2019, 11:29 AM)Technature Wrote: PDA Porta-Brig is also your friend.  You put someone in and lock it, the only way they can get out is for someone else to beat you up enough to steal your remote. 

This part is no longer true. It was changed so that now people can escape from the locked portabrig by flipping
*scream
Don't worry! When you flip, it starts a eight minute second timer that can only be reset by getting taken out and then put back in.
Yeah, if they've flipped out of the port a brig, you've probably got bigger problems you're dealing with since that's the only way you wouldn't have had enough time to let them out before then
bump-