Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
give syndicates mindslave implants
but flavored differently

have the standard mindslave implant be a suitcase full of money. but it would be cheaper than what the normal mindslave implant costs because it wouldn't work on heads of staff/sec (not a big enough bribe)

but the deluxe mindslave implant would be a bit more expensive than the standard deluxe mindslave implanter, but have it be an even bigger suitcase full of money/gold/gems/etc and have it work on a n y b o d y
Just how would you give the mineslave to someone, they have to hold the brief case full of moola?

Maybe the Syndicates could walk up to someone and open the briefcase then throw the money all over the person. Showering them in cash, it would make them a mindslave and there would be clear evidence of the mindslave as to not make it too over power.

Even though I do think syndicates with slaves would be a little over powered mind you.
Let's bribe someone with cash they will never use to blow themselves up with a nuke in the next 5-10 minutes.

Kidding aside, I don't think mindslaves are something either side needs in a nuke round - the crew already has enough trust issues with undercover operatives and nuke agents already have a team to work with.
Syndicates as in traitors? I think I prefer the implant, less obtrusive.

Syndicates as in nuke ops? Please no. If every operative mindslaves just one person, the nuke ops team is effectively doubled, and all they really have to do is stand around as meatshields for eight minutes. And that's not even counting the fact that the first few people to run into the ops - and thus the most likely to be mindslaved - are often the only people in the crew who can actually be arsed to fight the syndies. A nuke round in which every operative had four mindslaves would just turn into a farce.
Nuke ops should never get mindslaves. Ever.

I do like the alternative cheaper yet more obvious cash bribe option for normal traitors though.
if traitors want to sling cash bribes there are plenty of ways to get that cash ingame already. are you proposing some kind of system wherein accepting a bribe makes you an honorary antag? there are several ways to get tonz of cash so unless the bribe minimum is very high you could have an old-rev style situation on your hands, with the ability to recruit a veritable army of minions, only with cash instead of flash

which sounds pretty funny and worth a try at least. couldnt be any worse than rev and/or gangs/spies
This is a awful idea.
but yeah, syndicates as in the nuke ops team, theyre on a suicide mission to explode everyone, theres no good reason a crewman of any kind would accept a cash bribe under these circumstances.

furthermore, the whole idea of nuke round is a small, well-equipped antag team attacking a larger, less-equipped station crew. letting them have a mindslaver or mindslaver-like item would be tipping the balance too much.

if its a sole item distinct from the game's cashflow and currency, then it just plain doesnt mesh well. the game has a well-established currency system

for regular traitors, maybe this could work, but it would still be heavily abusable considering how easily some roles can gather tons of cash to bribe minions with.

my advice is if you want to abuse the power of money, just try to do it ingame. youll get at least a few people willing to play along with you for a little bit, i bet, until things get too hardcore and they have to chicken out.