Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
Card locked crates are actually reskinned closets! You dont have to lay down to get in them and you can walk right on top of them while they are open.
Another thing people don't seem to know about: Card scanners (for transactions) aren't password protected. Great way to shore up the ol' bank account when you make a new cyborg or finish finding out the messy way that that fella was a puritan.
Monkeys are easily taken down in a fistfight. Unless they have a toolbox. Then you might want to disarm them first.

Also, remember that while it costs you stamina to swing a thing or try to disarm someone, the same is true for the other guy. If someone just got done beating you into a KO, if you manage to wake up, chances are their stamina will be pretty low, which means you're much more likely to disarm or KO them back. This is great if you find yourself wrecked by a monkey, since once they get bored pummeling your helpless body, once you wake up you can just swipe their weapon and return the favor.

Also, stamina KOs arent ~directly~ helped by stims, mainly in that the stun reduction doesn't seem to do much to wake you up. The stamina regen bonus will definitely help, though there's not much you can do if they're still kicking you while you're down.

Carry an epi-pen or twelve if you're hunting a changeling and didn't bother to make a pitcher of hunchback. Epinephrine + neurotoxin = unstable mutagen. Now, this isn't much of a step up, but you might be able to avoid *that kind* of incapacitation. Plus if you pre-dose, it'll let you know that you've been stung, and thus able to rat out the alien over the radio.

The cakehat is a surprisingly formidable weapon.

Remember when I recommended dumping cryoxadone and cryostylane into the cloner, and then all yall chimed in that it turned clones into fucked up wendigoes? Turns out it only does that if you dose the pod ~before~ you start them cloning. Adding it after you've pressed the go-button just heals the living daylights back into them and spits out a perfectly healthy if kinda brain damaged clone. And it uses a fraction of the biomass too!

Beepsky must be getting close to retirement, because it's getting easier and easier to knock him down with a fire extinguisher. Some critters hesitate for a moment before they go from one action to another, like moving up to you and then swinging its zapper. If you're quick, you can smack them and move out of range before they have a chance to hit you. Wouldn't recommend doing this with Harner unless you're tired of having limbs.

In a melee fight? Click on the other guy, even if they aren't in melee range! Like with most things in this game, there seems to be a bit of a delay between when you issue a command and when the game actually reads it. If you're out of range and click on someone, then quickly move up next to them by the time the game pulls it's thumb out of it's butt and realizes you told it to do something, it'll assume that you issued that command at that very moment and swing at the guy. Dunno if this has anything to do with the click buffer, but it'll make your friends think you're kinda robust.

Take three IV bags. Fill one with water, the second with chocolate (or blood, or vomit, or anything grody you can find 250 units of), and the third with fluorosurfactant. Inject them all into yourself and take a brisk walk around the station. Congratulations, everything is now disgusting.

Nitroglycerin doesn't play well with smoke or foam. But, there are ways to trick it into working! It involves getting someone else to mix it all up, preferably someone you don't like.

Cryostylane makes shit cold. Great for making ice. Ice turns into water when you heat it, by the way. Also great for chilling your beer.

A still full of discount dan's complete catalogue should constitute a warcrime. Space help you if you smoke it all in an enclosed area, such as an escape shuttle.

Brain damage is deadlier than owie-damage. While conventional damage is easily healed, can be usually mitigated, and takes a while to kill you, brain damage straight up ends you after 120 points. This is usually how omega weed and horrifying burrito slushies kill you so quickly, and also why the Staff of Cthulhu can be the end of a station in the right hands.
Splashing holy water onto someone heals 10 brain damage per application. Note that injecting holy water has no effect on brain damage

Mannitol only heals 3 brain per mob life cycle.

In addition I believe that there is no minimum amount of holy water needed for the brain healing reaction. In other words it's stupid broken
DNA-scanning a cluwne before cloning him results in a perfectly normal human spessman - but he or she is still just called cluwne... Not that game-changing, I know, but I learned that yesterday at the hard way. 

Nobody can recognize your voice then, because over comms it still reads just "cluwne says...".  metaironysarcasm quoting
Got a syringe gun or sleepy pen from a surplus crate or spy payout, but don't know what to fill it with? Hacked nanomed plus vendors can give out pancuronium and sulfonal, the former of which can be used to stun someone for a very long time so you can strangle them to death, and the latter can leave a target helpless during combat.
Want to shoot someone with a zipgun, but afraid of blowing your arms off? Bake it into a pie! It'll go off into whoever you throw it at, potentially blowing *their* arms off instead!
(07-21-2017, 04:56 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Want to shoot someone with a zipgun, but afraid of blowing your arms off? Bake it into a pie! It'll go off into whoever you throw it at, potentially blowing *their* arms off instead!

was this actually fixed to work this way? because i remember throwing russian revolver pies at people and blowing my own brains out with them and i'd assume the explosion would also target the person who threw the pie
zip guns dont spawn an explosion at the users tile, just where the gun is, so if the gun is at them, they blow up. russian revolver pies defs kill you though

edit: shout out to the time someone made a kill button with mechanics via russian revolver, and i blew my robotic brains out as the AI
You can fit stealth storages inside other stealth storages for potential infinite storage space.
(07-23-2017, 07:57 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: You can fit stealth storages inside other stealth storages for potential infinite storage space.

Also try to make stealth storages disguised as things that dont do much. dont make them oxygen tanks if you are likely to get caught. also I think the examine text that gives away stealth storages should be removed but eh
(07-23-2017, 01:29 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 07:57 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: You can fit stealth storages inside other stealth storages for potential infinite storage space.

Also try to make stealth storages disguised as things that dont do much. dont make them oxygen tanks if you are likely to get caught. also I think the examine text that gives away stealth storages should be removed but eh

Few items with little use are ones that that one would keep in their pocket. Most items you'd actually keep in your pocket are ones that, if actually storage, would be obvious fakes.

My advice, stealth storages aren't. They're a great way to have a couple extra backpacks that'll stay open when you move, but that's when they're the least stealthy. They may fool shitcurity, but anyone robust enough to take you in'll see right through your flimsy ruse.

So just dont let anyone see it. That's the stealth in the stealth storage.
The cyborg costume sold by Geoff Honkington is spaceproof and has no slowdown. Not too expensive either.
(07-30-2017, 06:11 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: The cyborg costume sold by Geoff Honkington is spaceproof and has no slowdown. Not too expensive either.

This should be in bug reports, but no worries, we can nerf it anyway!
What have I done.